Klipsch RP-600M Bookshelf vs RP-8000f Tower for mains in small home theater

mabuhr

Standard Member
I'm debating between bookshelf speakers on stands (RP-600M) versus towers (RP-8000f) for our home Klipsch theater setup. The room is far from ideal (see a 3D render of of here), but we've managed to get decent sound out of it using acoustic treatments. Usage is 90% movies and 10% music. I'm currently running two subs (an SVS PB-1000 and a PB-2000) and a RC-62 II center. I'm using R-41Ms for the rear surrounds, and RS-42IIs for the sides. My AVR is a Denon AVC-X6400H

gibbsy

If you are getting subs then you would have to set up the larger floorstanding speakers as small with the Denon with a crossover of 80hz. Let the subs do all the heavy lifting and get the standmounts which will be far easier to place for best effect. You can configure for stereo within the Denon to how you want to use the sub when it comes to music.

mabuhr

Standard Member
This is the setup I'm considering (I already have all the components except the mains)
home theater.png

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I'm debating between bookshelf speakers on stands (RP-600M) versus towers (RP-8000f) for our home Klipsch theater setup. The room is far from ideal (see a 3D render of of here), but we've managed to get decent sound out of it using acoustic treatments. Usage is 90% movies and 10% music. I'm currently running two subs (an SVS PB-1000 and a PB-2000) and a RC-62 II center. I'm using R-41Ms for the rear surrounds, and RS-42IIs for the sides. My AVR is a Denon AVC-X6400H

I would rather look the Klipsch THX Ultra range if you want to stick with the brand and looking best movie performance with high 90% usage. I remember some people like these more than the big RF-7 towers (2x10") and you could use the stands you have now. Ideally you would buy three of these (LCR) for the front stage. More information from AVSForum (US) and Klipsch forum.

mabuhr

Standard Member
$2,000+ per speaker…

NOPE

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
$2,000+ per speaker…

NOPE

Ok the pricing was way higher than i remembered. Well if you go with tower route the RP6000F should be more than plenty in your fairly small room with the listeners also close to LCR. Keep in mind the center channel is most active speaker in your system with movies. The one you have looks decent with dual 6,5" drivers similar to 6000F. You also have dual subs and music listening isn`t high priority.

mabuhr

Standard Member
I'm leaning towards the RP-600m bookshelf speakers on stands paired with my new RP-504C center channel speaker (which has the custom GR Research crossover). I think this should give me good mid to high coverage, with my dual subs covering the low end.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom