Klipsch R-41SA - Specs and Gallery

Xood

Established Member
Reaction score
While doing research on the Dolby Atmos enables speaker, the Klipsch R-41SA, I found very little information about it.
Now that I own it, I took a few pictures and hope others might find the resources of use.

Since I want to ceiling mount my speakers, I had to open one up in order to determine how to properly attach a ceiling mount to them.

The Specs
Frequency Response: 83Hz to 24kHz (not specified, found online)
Sensitivity: (not specified)
Power Handling: 50W (cont) and 100W (peak)
Crossover Frequency: 4247Hz
Drivers: 1" Tweeter and 4" Woofer
Enclosure Type: Closed
Dimensions: 180 x 146 x 331 mm (Height x Width x Depth)
Angle: 21° (degree)
Weight: 2,7 kg
Released: 2018

Klipsch R-41SA - 00 - Front.jpgKlipsch R-41SA - 01 - Side.jpgKlipsch R-41SA - 02 - Top.jpgKlipsch R-41SA - 03 - Top Close.jpgKlipsch R-41SA - 04 - Connectors.jpgKlipsch R-41SA - 05 - Without Cover.jpgKlipsch R-41SA - 06 - Tweeter.jpgKlipsch R-41SA - 07 - Cover.jpgKlipsch R-41SA - 08 - Opened - Tweeter.jpgKlipsch R-41SA - 09 - Opened - Tweeter Backside.jpgKlipsch R-41SA - 10 - Opened - Inside.jpgKlipsch R-41SA - 11 - Opened - Inside Woofer.jpg

Last edited:
Is anyone able to tell if the electronics inside only handle the crossover, or are there parts which might adjust the sounds in order to compensate for ceiling reflection?

I am asking because some Dolby Atmos enabled speakers are in fact doing this, some offer a switch to toggle it, some might not. Since I ceiling mount the speakers I would love to know if the sound is changed in any such way.

I took a few measurements of various sides and positions. This should allow to more accurately judge the room the speaker actually needs.

For instance, while Klipsch specifies the height with 180mm, the lower part of the speaker has only a height of 89mm.
I also determined the angle to be 21°, which is useful in planing the placement to aim at the main listener position.

Klipsch R-41SA - 12 - Dimensions.jpg

Give pictures of what you used to mount the Klipsch 41s under the ceiling
Thank You
Darius

The way I did it:
1. Screw a metal plate with a nut onto the back of the speaker
2. Drilled a hole into the ceiling and attached a screw
3. Screwed the speaker into the screw until it was just about to touch the ceiling
4. Using a 2nd hole in the ceiling, pass the speaker cables through and connected them with banana plugs

And up until today, they are still holding nice and firm. I love it, since it looks very clean. :)

Attachments

• Klipsch R-41SA - 13 - Custom Ceilingmount.jpg
    Klipsch R-41SA - 13 - Custom Ceilingmount.jpg
    462.2 KB · Views: 387
  • Klipsch R-41SA - 13 - Ceiling Screw Thread.jpg
    Klipsch R-41SA - 13 - Ceiling Screw Thread.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 368
  • Klipsch R-41SA - 16 - Ceiling Overview.jpg
    Klipsch R-41SA - 16 - Ceiling Overview.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 377
  • Klipsch R-41SA - 17 - Ceiling Mount Closeup.jpg
    Klipsch R-41SA - 17 - Ceiling Mount Closeup.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 370
  • Klipsch R-41SA - 17 - Ceiling Banana Plugs.jpg
    Klipsch R-41SA - 17 - Ceiling Banana Plugs.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 349
  • Klipsch R-41SA - 17 - Ceiling Mounted.jpg
    Klipsch R-41SA - 17 - Ceiling Mounted.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 368
I did consider klipsch Atmos for heights due to efficiency and wide dispersion buy concern with aggressivness (which I suppose can be corrected manually in processor eq )

For me the Klipsch were perfect because of their low profile and the way they are already angled.
My ceilings are not very high and besides hitting my head, I wanted them to look as unobtrusive as possible.

While all my other speakers are Klipsch too, I was first looking at various other brand.

Stumbling across this thread has just answered a question I had regarding this, so thank you. How do you find the Klipsch speakers as I am looking at the RP-240D on walls?

@TruroSpurs, this is difficult to answer. They do not have the same frequency response as most of my other speakers. Which of course make sense, since they are quite a bit smaller.

I would actually need to run them isolated to judge them. Which I did the very first time, but it's hard to recall this correctly. I did however like them and was satisfied with the sound they produced.

The speakers you mentioned, where also close candidates for my setup.
I picked the R-41SA because their design was already angled and I had an easier time imagining how I could install them and how they might look. For the RP 140/240 there were too many improvisations needed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom