• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Klipsch Dual Subwoofer Question

Venicenerd

Established Member
Hey guys! I own a Denon 6300h receiver and am considering a dual subwoofer setup since the 6300h supports that. I am currently looking at the Klipsch R112SW (12" / 300w) and Klipsch R115SW (15" / 400w).

My main listening area (living room) is only 18' wide x 14' deep but the living room opens up to the dining room and kitchen by another 28 feet. So there are really only 3 walls in my "living room". See the attached floor plan for a visual. :)

I'm planning to place sub #1 by the left side of the TV (front of the room) and sub #2 to the right side of the couch (the side that opens up to dining room and kitchen). Of course I'm open to other suggestions as well...

Anyways, I have read that you should use the same subs in a dual setup but I'm wondering if I could use the 12inch Klipsch for position #1 and the 15 inch klipsch for position #2. Or do you think that's nonsense and I should just go with the 12 inch for both positions? (I can't do 15" for both since it would be too large for the front sub #1 position)

I'd really appreciate your input. Never run a dual subwoofer setup before.

subs2.jpg

Venicenerd

Established Member
2 x 12s should be fine , I have the 15s and there huge .

You don't think there would be any benefit to running a 15" in position #2 (where it would fit) and a 12" in position #1? Or would it even be a bad idea to not have identical subs running on the Denon 6300h?

My current sub (Definitive Technology Super Cube 2000) is really underwhelming even though it was quite pricey. Barely notice it. I really want to feel the the place shake! So I don't want to buy another sub that's not large enough for my setup. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom