Klipsch 600m or 5000F?

D

Deleted member 911784

Hi,

I already have a Klipsch 500c centre channel speaker and 400m’s which I would like to use as surrounds. I’m currently unsure which Klipsch speakers to use for the front left and right. Space is limited but I could just about fit the 600m or the 5000F. There are lots of reviews of the 600m which are mostly positive but very little for the 5000F. I will be using them for movies, games, music and general TV.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
600m and then put the saved money in to better subwoofer. You will however need ~60cm tall speaker stands. Fisual has Dynami Duo 600mm for about 60£, you could look some local used ones too if you get em for pocket money.

D

Deleted member 911784

Thanks. I have a sub already and due to my layout it has to go under the sofa so the one I have is the KEF T2. I don’t think there is a better under sofa sub as the clearance is only 18cm. Would this change your view or keep it the same?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
Thanks. I have a sub already and due to my layout it has to go under the sofa so the one I have is the KEF T2. I don’t think there is a better under sofa sub as the clearance is only 18cm. Would this change your view or keep it the same?

I wouldn`t squeeze the floorstanders in such tight space. Even with RP-600M you should leave 20cm behind the speakers and wall as rear ported. I have read about the RP`s for years in many forums, reviews sites and hifi magazines for RP, measurements etc. The 5000F and earlier versions haven´t been popular. My money would be on 600M for both movies and music if small room and want bit more weight/depth over 500M. They are not small speakers and what i have heard other brand floorstanders with dual 5,25" (like 5000F has) vs. standmount model with 6,5" mid-bass drivers, i would say they are always so close regarding bass. So if you can get cheap stands save your money and go with the 600M cause i don`t believe there is big enough difference sound wise plus the tight space makes it bad choice anyway! You wouldn´t run the floorstanders full range with movies either (set your speakers small and ~80hz crossovers).

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom