Klipsch 500m vs kef q100

Kopec

Novice Member
Hey everyone, I have a q about rear surround speakers. I have a Denon x2200 avr atm that I'll look to upgrade possibly in a year when the new models get announced, dropping current prices.

I have klipsch rp8000s coming in 2 weeks, a klipsch rp504c, a bk elec sub, some atmos upward firing speakers and kef q100s as my rears.

Does anyone have any klipsch rp 500m's? Would it be worth getting them to replace my kef q100s? It's impossible to find klipsch to test in the UK so any advice would be appreciated. Just not sure if it's worth the money or not.

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
I don´t believe it would make you lose your sleep. Probably more issue of not looking same.

I would save up that money for better receiver or depending which subwoofer you have? I hope it would be Monolith as you have those big front three coming.

Kopec

Novice Member
I don´t believe it would make you lose your sleep. Probably more issue of not looking same.

I would save up that money for better receiver or depending which subwoofer you have? I hope it would be Monolith as you have those big front three coming.
I have the p12 300sb PR being made for me now. Should be dispatched today or tomorrow latest.

Would an avr make that much difference? I have the denon x4500 offered to me for 750 but not sure if that would be as big a change as the speakers.

My TV is a 65 inch 4k oled with 120hz for gaming and the denon doesn't do 120. Having said that, I run the xbox series x directly into the TV for the 120 anyways.

Thoughts?

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
That`s quite steep price as they used to sell them for around that new with 5year warranty and missing the hdmi 2.1 so the price should be lot lower. Just save up for X4700H (999£ next year this time hopefully) or the new Onkyo/Pioneer models which comes with Dirac Live early next year. As you are gamer you want working hdmi 2.1 features for futures sake.

Nice to hear you got the better BK product coming. Second PR then later. ;)

Kopec

Novice Member
I'll hold off on the 4500 then and save up for higher end 😊 thanks for the quick responses.

Had the klipsch rp500m offered with 6 years warranty for 470 but if its not gonna be a largely noticeable difference to my older kef q 100s, I'll just save the money.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom