Kleber Tyres

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So anyone heard of them?

I can't say I have, but a chappy at my local ATS tells me they are part of the Michelin group and a decent mid-range brand. He "....has them on his car" :)

They are only for Mrs Scrapbook's little Fiesta run around so it seems a little crazy to spend £80 a tyre.

ATS...in my opinion they don't give good value, there will be many, many better places who can change your tyres!

The best option if they are not needed immediately is www.mytyres.co.uk
Get the tyres delivered to one of their approved fitting stations and save lots of money. Or get them delivered to your home and use any local fitter that you trust. Tyres normally take a couple of days to arrive but in my view it''s worth the wait.
Fitting, balancing and disposal of the old tyre will be between £7.50 and £15 a wheel normally.

I've heard of Kleber but not tried them.

I like my local ATS, they have a more mature group of employees. In stark contrast to my local Kwikfit that look as though their staff need to be home by 8 before the ASBO kicks in. :D

It looks as though the Michelin group are doing a 25% off deal at the moment, so basically 4 tyres for the price of 3.

Supposedly the Michelin group include BF Goodrich and Kleber.

"In addition to Europe's leading brand, Michelin, the French manufacturer market four other car tyre brands. These include the BF Goodrich brand which is the market leader and a premium brand in the 4 x 4 sector. Goodrich car tyres are also sold as an economy line. Also marketed by Michelin is Kleber, a mid-range brand and Riken, best known as an economy high performance tyre and now sold in the UK exclusively by Kwik-Fit. At the extreme budget end of the market, Michelin sell the Kormoran brand, manufacured in Poland by the company's Stomil-Olzstyn subsidiary. In the truck tyre market, Michelin also own the Hungarian brand, Taurus."

I had 2 Klebers fitted to the wifes Brava.

No problems so far, good grip in all conditions.

Cost me around £80 for the pair all in IIRC, 185 65 15's I think

They were good enough for Audi to win the World Rally Championship on in the early '80s!

The best option if they are not needed immediately is www.mytyres.co.uk
Get the tyres delivered to one of their approved fitting stations and save lots of money. Or get them delivered to your home and use any local fitter that you trust. Tyres normally take a couple of days to arrive but in my view it''s worth the wait.
Fitting, balancing and disposal of the old tyre will be between £7.50 and £15 a wheel normally.

I've heard of Kleber but not tried them.

In wee bonny BRAFOD, its a 2 quid. yippe :)

I have Klebers on the front of my X-Trail. Seem fine to me.

TBH I always go for the no-name brands from the big manufacturers as you get good quality at 50% of the price of te major brands.

Plus I'm not likely to notice a 5% loss in lateral grip in my old bus ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom