KitSound District Bluetooth Headphones Review & Comments

They look pretty cool, thanks for that Greg. The KitSound site doesn't appear to work when trying to view the specs (a warning appears about an error on line 82). Would you happen to know the codecs that this works with over Bluetooth?

These could be good for testing whether this type of headphone is going to work for me without spending a fortune.

Thanks...

First thing I look for with BT ear/headphones is not mentioned in your review.

Do they support LDAC or at least AptxHD ?

I wouldn't buy any now unless they do, as LDAC is really getting close to wired reproduction.

My SE846's via either Fiio BTR3 or Earstudio ES100 sound superb over BT LDAC (and to a slightly lesser level via AptxHD).

I recently tried some Sony WH-1000XM3's (and B&W PX) but sound quality significantly lower than using good IEM's/headphones with one of adapters mentioned, and with IEM's able to act a bit like earplugs can still sound great in noisy environments (even air travel) without active noise cancelling.

These do like a nice design/style for the money.

Last edited:

I wouldn't buy any now unless they do, as LDAC is really getting close to wired reproduction.

My SE846's via either Fiio BTR3 or Earstudio ES100 sound superb over BT LDAC (and to a slightly lesser level via AptxHD).

I recently tried some Sony WH-1000XM3's (and B&W PX) but sound quality significantly lower than using good IEM's/headphones with one of adapters mentioned, and with IEM's able to act a bit like earplugs can still sound great in noisy environments (even air travel) without active noise cancelling.

hi which bluetooth receiver do you like best ? The earstudio seems quite good

hi which bluetooth receiver do you like best ? The earstudio seems quite good

Sound nearly identical via 3.5mm. Fiio is nicer made and better control layout and much cheaper. If you need more power for headphones or need balanced then earstudio, otherwise Fiio.

Still have Fiio but returned the Earstudio.

Sound nearly identical via 3.5mm. Fiio is nicer made and better control layout and much cheaper. If you need more power for headphones or need balanced then earstudio, otherwise Fiio.

Still have Fiio but returned the Earstudio.
ok thanks

They look pretty cool, thanks for that Greg. The KitSound site doesn't appear to work when trying to view the specs (a warning appears about an error on line 82). Would you happen to know the codecs that this works with over Bluetooth?

These could be good for testing whether this type of headphone is going to work for me without spending a fortune.

Thanks...

I've had a response from KitSound technical on your points.

Firstly, the specs page on their website has been fixed.

It does not support LDAC or AptxHD.
The Bluetooth codecs are SBC & AAC.

Thanks Greg. I too have been trying to get an answer from KitSound Customer Care Team and so far the answer was 'The earbuds have the following codecs and profiles: A2DP, HSP, HFP, AVRCP, SPP' which are of course all Bluetooth profiles, not codecs, and also not the right product!

I'll keep trying to see how long it takes to get to the same conclusion. So far, not a great experience, has to be said.

OK, got there in the end just 15 minutes ago. Same result, SBC and AAC. Probably not what everyone wanted to hear, but as Ed has pointed out in the B&O speaker review, if you're listening to a compressed source already, it's probably not going to make things any worse. The possibility for me was to use in conjunction with IOS devices, so that's good.

Cheers...

If you've not already listened to BT via LDAC its a noticeable improvement over other BT and can sound as good as wired (well can using a great BT LDAC adapter).

Have these headphones and they sound great. @Greg Hook did you find the wireless charger very temperamental as to the position of the headphones before it charges?

My Phone charges fine, but can I get them to charge my headphones?! Nope

Have these headphones and they sound great. @Greg Hook did you find the wireless charger very temperamental as to the position of the headphones before it charges?

My Phone charges fine, but can I get them to charge my headphones?! Nope

Not at all. I just plonked them on, the red light came on and they started charging.
They only charge from one side of course, but other than that all was fine.

Yeah they only charge from the Right ear cup. Since I've had them I've got it to work about 3 or 4 times, most of the time I just use the cable.

All I got from KitSound was, thanks for your feedback, we'll let the development team know...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom