• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Answered Kitchen TV: 40-46", minimal viewing angle, <£500

awzm

Novice Member
Hi there,

I've got a kitchen which I'd like to fit a wall mounted TV and only have 120cm of width to play with. Therefore a flat 43" screen makes sense to me. Previous posts suggest LG are good because of viewing angles but no one will be directly in front of the TV so the maximum viewing angle will be 30 degrees. The room doesn't get too bright but a lot of sun does come through in the evening. Viewing distance between 2 and 5 meters.

Main use is standard freeview available through aerial as well as built in apps (iPlayer, All4, ITV, Netflix). Google Chromecast likely to be purchased too. Ideally like it to be future proofed so 4K rather than 1080. Likely no gaming.

So is a model like the LG 43UH661V (£450) best? And with wall mounts is it best to just have a flat non-angled one or an arm bracket which folds out?

Thanks!

Dodgexander

If maximum viewing angle is 30 you don't need an IPS panel like with most LGs. Given you have sunlight as a problem and at 43" there are no tv's with good anti reflection filters you will want to look at a bright tv such as a Sony XD80xx or Samsung KU6000.

I don't know why you are looking at UHD between 2-5 metres. Thats way to far from a 65" to notice UHD. Let alone 43".

awzm

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply Dodgexander. Sounds like the Samsung KU6000 is the front runner at £479 currently.

Appreciate the comments about distance and UHD (I saw your other post about it regarding distance and screen size) but as I may in time move the TV and being a kitchen there's no one fixed position I'll probably stick with UHD. This TV may well come to replace my main TV (Samsung UE46EH5300) in time.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom