• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Kitchen rgb led strip lights

David blake

Novice Member
Hello i have been looking into fitting some rgb led strip lights into my new kitchen but unsure about power and amplifiers. I want 5050 rgb strip lights controlled by a 6803 dream ic either rf or wifi if they make one. I will need 10m of lights but there will be some connecting wire inbetween the wall units and either side of kitchen and between wall units and plinths. There are two outputs on the controller by what i can make out from pics on the net, will these be ok if i run the system in 2 x 5m lengths. Or is there a better way and will one power supply be enough or will i need amplifiers. Could i get away with the whole 10m run from one outlet. Not sure what size watts power supply i will need but was thinking about a 150w one. Also with there being two outlets on the controller does anyone know if the lights will still be in sequence with the chase program on the dream ic controller. Forgot to add i want the 300led per 5m roll ones.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom