Kitchen Prices?

KhalJimbo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I have been searching the net flat out the past few days to try get an idea of prices for a new kitchen from places like, Moben, Magnet, KBBC etc.

Thing is none of them seem to advertise prices anywhere, wondering if anyone who has had one can maybe help me out, the kitchen that is being refitted is about 3m x 2x so quite a small room?

What would be a ball park figure for something new and stylish? Just cabinates though, I have worked out costs for the applicances, also the cabinates would be intergral ones with the fridge and oven built in.

Hi Guys

I have been searching the net flat out the past few days to try get an idea of prices for a new kitchen from places like, Moben, Magnet, KBBC etc.

Thing is none of them seem to advertise prices anywhere, wondering if anyone who has had one can maybe help me out, the kitchen that is being refitted is about 3m x 2x so quite a small room?

What would be a ball park figure for something new and stylish? Just cabinates though, I have worked out costs for the applicances, also the cabinates would be intergral ones with the fridge and oven built in.

I used Howdens about 5 years ago to get units along two full walls of a 3.5 x 3.5m kitchen. Cost including fitting was £3k for cash, which I thought was pretty good. That was for solid oak doors with plain white carcasses (or veneered carcasses where glass doors were used).

Personally I wouldn't use MFI (aren't they gone now?), and I find Magnet v expensive for what you get.

As far as I can see MFI went under. I guess I could be looking at about 2k then (as my kitchen is quite a bit smaller than yours)

We are awaiting delivery of our kitchen from BettaLiving.
Came to £2400 and is very good quality. Wooden cabinets as well as doors and oven,hob and extactor. There appliances were a good price as well - German.

That price though had some serious discount after my wife had beaten down 2 salesman:D

First salesman gave a price but my wife wasnt happy with it so they sent a fella from their trade department round wo basically kept throwing bits in - "chose whatever oven and hob you want, wont have to pay any extra" etc.

I googled them and they get good ratings for quality, IIRC the only possible downside was their fitters which were not using anyway.

The only reason why places like Moben have 50% off sales promotions is because their prices are 75% overpriced in the first place... :rolleyes:

The reason they don't want to publish any prices is because they want to get a sales person into your house who will beat you with a stick until you sign a contract. They will start by telling you it is going to cost £40k, and then gradually it will get whittled down to £20k and make you think you are getting a bargain with all kinds of extras thrown in for "free" (yeh, right), and the "manager's special extra discount".

But it should only have cost £10k in the first place. :lesson:

Be warned. Don't invite these large national chains across your doorstep, unless you want to be pressured into buying :nono:

That was our experience anyway.

They quoted us £24k with their 50% off sales prices, but there was no way it was worth £48k at their retail prices. It wasn't even worth £24k.
Eventually we went with a local one-off kitchen company who did a superb job for £12k, supplying pretty much the same thing.

Go local.

Last edited:
Thanks, I had a few phone calls today from people as I ordered some brochures.

The one guy phoned me and asked if they can send a sales man around, when I told him that I want the brochure to get some ideas but I am only looking to do it maybe at at the end of the year he said "Fine then" and put the phone down :eek:

I agree with what's been said.
Only go with the big companies if you have money to burn.
Even then, their fitters can be crap, as witnessed by the rich couple across the road.
They paid £10k for a Moben kitchen, it was really badly fitted by some Glaswegian chavs who were evidently, going by the smell, sleeping in their van for the duration of the job.:(
I will always go for arranging my own fitting, sourcing the cabinets myself.
Howdens are good, so is that new range @ B+Q.
Cooke and Lewis, or something?

Depends on how big your wallet is really, but a kitchen that size could be done for £2-3k I reckon. We went with B&Q for our units and then direct to a manufacturer for our worktop. The worktop cost more than the rest of the kitchen :eek:

Got a mate to fit it....knowing kitchen fitters is handy :D

We're looking for a new kitchen ourselves at the moment. Nipped over to Magnet and really liked their range.

Only problem is it's very, very over priced. We did a quick calculation of the units in our kitchen (it's an odd long narrow kitchen using a lot of units) and it came to about 10K. Their prices are bizarre as take one range for example, you pay £300 for a 1000 base unit, but also pay £300 for a small 300 end shelf unit. When you've got several ends due to windows and doors, thats a grand and more just on the end units. I know you get what you pay for but that's ridiculous.

Dad picked up a load of brochures today and B&Q seem to do some great stuff and good prices.

Compared one of the snazziest cooker hoods I could find in the B&Q catalogue to the exact same item in the Magnet catalogue, same model number. B&Q £700 - Magnet £1220. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Like Desmo, I'm inclined to spend as much on the worktop (within reason) as with our current crap MFI kitchen, this is the first thing you notice poor quality, damage and marks on. I fancy a granite or these similar type worktops.

Last edited:
Like Desmo, I'm inclined to spend as much on the worktop
Cheap units and doors are massively enhanced by a quality worktop. We went with a Corian white one piece top with integrated sink. It really does make a massive difference.

Have a look at the IKEA units too. I used them (fitted myself) with granite tops. It is looking very good and gets positive comments 5 years later.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom