Kitchen Nightmares

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
if you saw the Soul Food one a couple of years ago it was basically a repeat of that for most of the episode with a 5 minute revisit at the end to see what had changed...pretty lazy bit of TV on Gordon's part if you ask me...

hermanmunster

Novice Member
Here is the full script.

Scene Brighton Soul Food Shack.

G.R. This foods great...then sees it's all pre prepared!!
G.R. This place is F***** S***** like a fast food joint.

More swearing a bit of cooking...G.R saves the day hooray!

Goes back 2 years later. Sees 5 floor super restaurant..F***** H***

G.R. F***** H*** you are doing well!!!
G.R. Food is S*** what are you doing!!!!!

Everyone...we'll do better Gordon
G.R. you F***** better or you will F***** have no business.

Gordon drives of into Brighton sunset :clap:

Jammyb

Novice Member
lol yeah you summed it up perfectly there I think. Made me laugh when he kept finding containers full of pre-fried chicken everywhere.

9 chefs the guy had at the end and he was still not managing to cook things from fresh. Gordon shouting at him for a few hours isn't gonna magically make him a better chef, needed replacing imo.

They had bookings up till march, can imagine a few of those being cancelled after watching that program.

DrPepper

Just realised i missed this weeks ep, anyone know when its repeated?
Channel: more4
Wednesday 27th December 2006
Time: 22:00 to 23:05
Gordon returns to La Riviera - now renamed Abstract - a fine dining restaurant in Inverness.
Part 5 of 6

Channel: more4 13
Date: Thursday 28th December 2006
Time: 22:00 to 23:05
Gordon Ramsay returns to Momma Cherri's Soul Food Shack, an intimate 40-seater in Brighton where he oversaw one of the most spectacular changes of fortune at a single venue.
Part 6 of 6

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I do think these "return to" episodes are a bit of a cheek. as they are basically a full repeat of a program you've already seen followed by about 5 minutes of update.

hermanmunster

Novice Member
I do think these "return to" episodes are a bit of a cheek. as they are basically a full repeat of a program you've already seen followed by about 5 minutes of update.
Has to be the laziest piece of TV production, not to mention it must be a darned site cheaper to pay Ramsay for another 10 minutes instead of an hour show :thumbsdow