Kiss kiss bang bang-extras?

S

soup nazi

Anyone know what the extras on the r2 kiss kiss bang bang dvd out monday are?

Unfortunately there are none, nada, zilch, zero! :thumbsdow :suicide:

Might be worth waiting for a decent version, think i will just rent it for now as i havent seen it yet. Shame cos i probably would've bought it 'blind' had it not been for the lack of extras.

Got high hopes for it though!

Rob

This film was awful, I stopped it half way through.
Avoid, avoid, avoid.... :thumbsdow

This was the best film of last year by a mile for me, very few films have ever been this much fun. Shane Black has outdone himself with his best script yet and hes also directed a brilliant film that is everything that is good about films combined.

It didn't make much money, In fact i don't think the studio really tried to market it at all. I really doubt it will be getting a special edition any time soon.

This really is a film that you will want to watch over and over and over, so wether it has any extras or not it is still a must buy IMO.

The above post is the first ever negative comment I have ever seen for the film, which makes me wonder if he means the film we are talking about, or a stright to video movie from 2002 which has the same title. heh

I realy don't belive that this film would bore anyone, its just that much fun. Robert Downey Jr. also gave the performance of the year in this if you ask me. And he alone is so entertaining you just don't want this to ever end. I saw it 3 times at the cinema and it just got better and better every time.

Razor said:
This film was awful, I stopped it half way through.
Avoid, avoid, avoid.... :thumbsdow

Is it going to be reviewed on this site????

rmoxon said:
This was the best film of last year by a mile for me, very few films have ever been this much fun. Shane Black has outdone himself with his best script yet and hes also directed a brilliant film that is everything that is good about films combined.

It didn't make much money, In fact i don't think the studio really tried to market it at all. I really doubt it will be getting a special edition any time soon.

This really is a film that you will want to watch over and over and over, so wether it has any extras or not it is still a must buy IMO.

The above post is the first ever negative comment I have ever seen for the film, which makes me wonder if he means the film we are talking about, or a stright to video movie from 2002 which has the same title. heh

I realy don't belive that this film would bore anyone, its just that much fun. Robert Downey Jr. also gave the performance of the year in this if you ask me. And he alone is so entertaining you just don't want this to ever end. I saw it 3 times at the cinema and it just got better and better every time.

I normally like most things, I just didn't get on with this movie at all. It put me to sleep. It was the version with Val Kilmer in, one of the reasons why I watched it.

Razor said:
I normally like most things, I just didn't get on with this movie at all. It put me to sleep. It was the version with Val Kilmer in, one of the reasons why I watched it.

Heh, ok then, but well I still find that very hard to belive, I think that anyone who actually likes films is garunteed to in someway enjoy this, becuase as I said its everything thats great about films roled into one. And thats not me going over board on the praise, it really does have so many classy elements to it.

Of course there are a few films that are well loved that I can't stand too, so I guess I get what youre saying, but just wondering, what didn't you like about it exactly?

rmoxon said:
Heh, ok then, but well I still find that very hard to belive, I think that anyone who actually likes films is garunteed to in someway enjoy this, becuase as I said its everything thats great about films roled into one. And thats not me going over board on the praise, it really does have so many classy elements to it.

Of course there are a few films that are well loved that I can't stand too, so I guess I get what youre saying, but just wondering, what didn't you like about it exactly?

I may try and give this a rewatch in a few months time as you rate it so highly. For me it seemed like a hollywood movie for hollywood poeple if that makes any sense.

Maybe I just wasnt in the right mood. I really was looking forward to watching this movie as well. :)

Razor said:
I may try and give this a rewatch in a few months time as you rate it so highly. For me it seemed like a hollywood movie for hollywood poeple if that makes any sense.

Not really, Iv'e no idea what a Hollywood movie for hollywood people is really.

And yeah you should deffinitley give it another try, its one of the wittest films Ive ever seen, its at once a superb parody of buddy movies and a unique take on film noir... Excellent acting, very original in the execution of its concept, its just enjoyable as hell and packed full of classic moments.

Movies just don't get more fun. Which is why I find it hard to belive that you couldnt find at least some enjoyment in it.

rmoxon said:

LOL... I didnt think you would get what I ment. :oops:

Looks like this movie is liked by a few regulars. I will definately give it a rewatch in the future. Looking forward to Seths review when he gets a copy.

:)

"I heard about that, it was neck and neck, then she skipped lunch"

How many quotable lines were there in this movie? Most of them I'd say.

A great movie. Loved it. Shame there are no extras on the disc.

TarPot said:
"I heard about that, it was neck and neck, then she skipped lunch"

How many quotable lines where there in this movie? Most of them I'd say.

A great movie. Loved it. Shame there are no extras on the disc.

Perry Van Shrike: You're an idiot. You know that. You know if you looked in the dictionary next to the word "idiot" you know what you'll find?
Harry Lockhart: A picture of me?
Perry Van Shrike: No! The definition of the word "idiot". Which you are.

:D That's got be my fave

A great movie. As good and as rewatchible as The Last Boyscout. I for one am glad that Black is back. The man hasn't written a bad movie.

Im now waiting for the Monster Squad on dvd which Shane Black also wrote.

rmoxon said:

And yeah you should deffinitley give it another try, its one of the wittest films Ive ever seen, its at once a superb parody of buddy movies and a unique take on film noir... Excellent acting, very original in the execution of its concept, its just enjoyable as hell and packed full of classic moments.

Movies just don't get more fun. Which is why I find it hard to belive that you couldnt find at least some enjoyment in it.
What rmoxon said - all of it. ;)

This made my top 5 films of last year (Val Kilmer is brilliant) and as much as i'd like to dabble staright away, i'll wait to see if a special edition is released at some point.

great movie, saw it on dvd last night, very witty and sharp, a little hard to get head around 1st time, alot going on. But some nice moments like the old bloke in the bed at the end, dont know if you should feel sorry for him or not when val kilmer turns up.

How did you get away?

I shot him with a small revolver.I keep it in my balls.

as others have said, one of the top films last year for sure :smashin:

my uncle went home from the pub half cut and said after 20mins he turned it off. to be fair it takes a while to get going but it really is witty :D

BRILLIANT MOVIE

Had high hopes for this seeing as Last Boy Scout and Lonk Kiss Goodnight are among my all time fav films but this was better than anything I could have hoped for

Great script and some very good action scenes

Also the dark moments where well done - one minute your laughing and then one of the more serious scenes happen and you find yourself trying to stop laughing

BRILLIANT

raigraphixs said:
But some nice moments like the old bloke in the bed at the end, dont know if you should feel sorry for him or not when val kilmer turns up.
He got off lightly, in my opinion, but that's probably a discussion for a different set of boards... ;)

absolutely brilliant! watched this last night and i've not laughed so hard in ages! i loved all the witty lines, and the times where he stops the film reel and apologises for the bad directing etc.

Still not sure whether to get this or not. If its bare bones, then the bit rate better be through the roof. What is the PQ like? (and sound for that matter)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom