kiss dvd scart > component rgb?

mpeg10

Established Member
Reaction score
hate to ask this but is there such a thing as a scart to component rgb lead? Just got a kiss DVD player and i thought it would have component rgb via phono connections but tunrs out its component via the scart so i can't hook it up to my panny ae100 in the manor i intended.

Component via scart plug??? That's unusual if not unique I'd have thought.
Assuming they are using the RGB pins of the scart plug then I guess you could get a scart RGB and Sync to four phono's lead which I think CPC and similar places sell. Use the three RGB one's and set the player to output component. If there isn't a menu option to do this then I'm pretty sure it won't output component, just composite and RGB.
I'd double check the Kiss details regarding pinouts first before buying any leads.

yeah you can output to component thats why i purchased the player, the option is in the menu but it turns out the component is via the scart, the panasonic projector only has the 3 rgb inputs no 4th for the sync, but i am guessing that will not matter?

oh yeah, where can i get such a cable from?

I found a scart to rgb adapter on maplin website but it is not in stock.

I'd be interested in hearing how you get on with this mpeg. :)

I have a 450 and at present it's sitting idle since I'm using an HTPC to drive my Panny, however the KiSS is nice for DivX etc. and I'd like to try to use it to play DVDs when the HTPC isn't available.

You wont need the fourth phono connection, I guessed that if a lead were available for scart to RGB on plugs that it would have the sync lead too.
www.cpc.co.uk should have something suitable. Unfortunately the site isn't very easy to use on the cables section as it doesn't give much info. I'll check the paper catalogue tomorrow at work.
A scart adapter might be a better bet anyhow if it is a scart plug with the four phono's on it. What is the Maplin code pls?

okay as promised with cpc catalogue to hand...

Scart to RGB 3M cable is order code AV07679. Priced £6.92 plus vat.

http://***********/snny

If that's not long enough then I'd get a custom Scart lead made up to your requirements. Not difficult if you or someone you know can solder nicely.

thanks poshbloke i managed to find a 10m version which will help. KRaGorn will let you know how i get on, should have the lead hooked up on Friday.

well go the lead hooked it up, works a treat, infact i think its better than my vga out put on my pc, though i cant match the resolution 1:1 with my graphics card the component rgb is more smooth and less pixely, so i'm happy :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom