KiSS DP-600 vs. Xbox 360

Newton's Ring

Novice Member
Hi.
I've recently bought a KiSS DP-600 and am generally pretty happy with it. I guess I'm just disappointed with the amount of HD content available - most of the trailers downloadable off the internet seem to be in quicktime format which the KiSS player doesn't support.

My brother's getting an Xbox for Chrimbo and I've been reading some stuff about it. Apart from a few drawbacks (no direct avi/divx playback or HDMI/DVI connection) it seems to do everything my KiSS player does with the added bonus of gameplaying. Till now I've not been that bothered about playing games - more into my movies but with the lack of HD content and the fact that the KiSS only plays SD DVDs upscaled on my HD plasma, I'm wondering if I should get rid of the KiSS and buy an Xbox360.

Any ideas? Will I need to buy a load of extras to get the Xbox to do what I want? (I want to play everything from my pc on my HD plasma via my router in HD quality, playback all my various region DVDs in a decent resolution and play games with my bro over the webby)

Thanks in advance.... :lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom