1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KiSS DP-500 or DP450 multiregion????

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mikauk, May 1, 2003.

1. mikauk

mikauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could any one tell me if there is a hack around for the KiSS DP-500 or 450 to make it multiregion as i need to purchase a new dvd player

Thanks

2. Oasis-GasPanic

Oasis-GasPanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi mikauk,
    I asked that same question about 100 times to all types of people and was basically told the only way to get the player to be modded was to either send it off to a company like techtronics.com (expensive) or mod it myself. Now, my first thourght was to send it away because I really wasn't comfortable modding the player myself, but, after speaking to a mate I decided to go ahead with trying it myself and I'm happy I did now because it was so easy and now the player works faultlessly on all regions (inc. RCE).

For more info on modding your player go to: www.vcdhelp.com and click on player hacks.

Regards,

3. CoolioCat

CoolioCat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. mikauk

mikauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks people for that .i have just ordered one from scan so fingers crossed i can do this mod

5. talisman house

talisman house

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would be very interested in your opinion on the playing quality of the Kiss 450 or 500 dvd .I am thinking of buying a new dvd recorder and I was going to buy the new sony rdrgx7,for its quality in record and playback, but the new kiss recorder out in august is so much more advanced that I am thinking of waiting for it.The question is,how good is the quaity?