1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kiss 580 secret menu ???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by slaguru, Jan 5, 2004.

1. slaguru

slaguru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The question is does it have one, and how do you access it. I wondered if it was possible to up the output of component resolution??

Cheers
    Tim

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    As far as I know the 508 is the same as the DP-450 and 500. You can select interlace component output from the main menus but to access progressive scan you need to /eject/clear/276 to get to the secret menu where you can select component modes 480p, 576p, 720p and 1080i. However 720p and 1080i don't work at all. You also have VGA mode options too starting with 800x600. VGA does not support displaying macrovision enabled dvds. 576p is the best possible output on Kiss players at the current time if you want to play most commercial dvds. If all you have is pirate dvds, dodgy chinese dvds, (s)vcd, divx/xvid movies then VGA becomes the better option.

3. Bob Todd

Bob Todd
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +373
    actually I got 720p to work with my 500, but it was pushed over to one side of the screen.

4. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    I think my AE100 doesn't display anything unless the signal is correct. Others have mentioned getting a green screen only. The point is its not giving out a correct 720p signal its unusable but it is giving out some sort of corrupted useless signal.

5. slaguru

slaguru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that.

Tried the various signals, but they don't seem to work. The output is fine in scart comp output on my Sony plasma as long as I switch to YUV, but it would be nice to display a higher level.

6. slaguru

slaguru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The green screen bythe way might be because the screen is set to RGB not YUV, that happened on mine.