Kiss 1600 "Linksys" media player

R

recruit

Well picked up one of these today as i have been playing with alot of different media players lately and own quite a few now, but this one plays absolutely everything i have thrown at it, and it is quite alot :eek: it does not have a built in hard drive but i have it hard wired through a linksys router and i have over 2 Terabytes of storage in my PC.

First impression of the actual unit was not very good as it looks kind of cheap in it's construction but that is really the only negative point i can give it !

Playing TS files/H.264/wmv11/xvid/divx/AVC it plays them all, so a real big :thumbsup: from me !!

Oh and another thing it even has a built in DVD player :smashin:

Here is a Review of the Kiss 1600

dgsgc

Standard Member
Does it play h264/x264 in the .mkv container or is only h264 mov files renamed as .avi as the review suggests.

If it can play .mkv's with no sound issues it seems to be the ultimate player.

R

recruit

Does it play h264/x264 in the .mkv container or is only h264 mov files renamed as .avi as the review suggests.

If it can play .mkv's with no sound issues it seems to be the ultimate player.

no it can only play h264 and not mkv files, not too sure whether that would be hardware restriction or if a future firmware upgrade would make it viable.

Neville Street

Can this device do more than one thing at once? e.g. can I browse through my photo's whilst it plays me tracks from WMP11?

I intend to connect using 85Meg plug jobbies as they sound like they work and my thick walls means my wireless drops out in the corners of rooms, like where the telly is - will it be straightforward. It certainly sounds like it will be from other posts!

Cheers, NS

R

recruit

Can this device do more than one thing at once? e.g. can I browse through my photo's whilst it plays me tracks from WMP11?

I intend to connect using 85Meg plug jobbies as they sound like they work and my thick walls means my wireless drops out in the corners of rooms, like where the telly is - will it be straightforward. It certainly sounds like it will be from other posts!

Cheers, NS

Not too sure NS, i'll try and give it a go the weekend.

Neville Street

Just spent 90 minutes looking in PS3 forums and can't get definitive answer (will also post there). Can a PS3 do everything this does, i.e. stream music and photo's, etc., from my NAS or main PC over the network?

Thanks, NS

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom