1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kirk Douglas in animated short?!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by James45, Mar 28, 2003.

1. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right another what's this film? It was an animated short film that was nominated for an Oscar sometime in the last ten years (sorry that's as specific as I can be).
    From what I can remember it was shot in Black and White and was of the claymation variety, although in a much more refined, realistic style than normal. The thing is all the characters were characture likenesses of Kirk Douglas complete with OTT vocal impressions. It was extremely funny and I wouldn't mind finding a copy.

any ideas?

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

I know the short you mean. It was called "The Big Story" and was directed and written by Tim Watts and David Stoten. Made in 1994, it depicted a claymation/computer-animated caricature of Kirk Douglas as a rookie reporter AND the reporter's hard-line editor in a remarkable study in impersonation. It was one of the first 3D computer animated shorts to win an award. The film runs for just 2 minutes.

The film was nominated for the 1995 Best Animated Short at the Oscars in that year, but lost. However, it did win a BAFTA award for the same award.

Sadly, as far as I know, it was never given a VHS or DVD release. However, if you call the British Film Institute in London, and ask to speak to a Customer Query Officer, they should know all the info you want.

Hope that helps.

Pooch

3. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers Pooch. I imagine someone somewhere will have it as a downloadable.

4. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0