Kingston 256GB V200 SSD £99.99

BrianMW

I've heard nothing but bad reviews on them. The v200+ is supposed to be better.
Fair enough, was posted as an option as a budget SSD but, just wondered if you had any links to all these bad reviews you have seen to back this up?

I honestly don't know much about them myself and I use Vertex 3 in my mac that I am very happy with but was 2.5x the price...

Just a simple google to a couple of reviews here(unread):

Kingston SSDNow V200 Review: Performance and Benchmarks

Kingston SSDNow V200 128GB SSD Review - Performance On A Budget - Legit Reviews

stevewestern

and BrianMW - you have just opened up the possibility again..!

Why is nothing straight forward to a beginner these days !!

BrianMW

@stevewestern, in all honesty I think from the specs this is never going to be the fastest SSD in the world but it's not exactly a slouch compared to an HDD either and the price is very good for that size of SSD but also the rate that SSD prices are falling is amazing! so who knows what will be available at this price soon :smashin:

It's never easy making this decision but It's not that long since I paid 2.5x the price for my Vertex 3 SSD of the same size.

Good luck :)

stevewestern

BrianMW - I am coming from a 5 year old laptop running vista - clearly speed is not of the utmost importance !!
I am about to do a clean install and am wondering about giving an SSD a try.
I was pointed towards a Crucial M4 but then saw the Samsung V200, which is a lot cheaper, and makes upgrading the SSD and getting a copy of W7 almost possible for the same sort of money as the Crucial M4...

Thanks for your help on this !

SlewDem

Novice Member
Fair enough, was posted as an option as a budget SSD but, just wondered if you had any links to all these bad reviews you have seen to back this up?
After looking through my history i've realized the reviews i read were for the V100(Not recognizing drive errors) my bad. Although a friend of mine ended up binning the v200 as when it started filling up(around the 70% mark) the write speeds dropped dramatically. Not a problem if its for a boot drive.

Further searches on the V200 show it to be a fairly good budget SSD. So i retract what i said, wasn't trying to be a "hater" just a genuine mistake. Good find Brian, keep up the good work:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom