• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Kingfisher

jmbrailsford

Prominent Member
Hi,

managed a handful of shots of a Kingfisher yesterday morning, here is one of them. It's just a pity the branches are a bit in the way. I've been told it's a young female.

[IMGLINK]http://mikeyb.smugmug.com/photos/463433940_4a4wq-L.jpg[/IMGLINK]
Canon 50D - Canon 400mm F5.6L - ISO 400 1/50th @ F5.6

Mike.

fresh27

Standard Member
Nice.. Great timing with it stuffing it's face :)

johnaalex

Distinguished Member
Lovely shot. I think I have only ever seen one of these - I have never had the chance to get a picture of one. Great work:clap:

jmbrailsford

Prominent Member
Hi,

thanks for all the comments, as for it looking fat, she has just puffed up her feathers against the cold as it was frosty with some fog about that morning so it was pretty chilly ;)

As for patience, well I have plenty of that for wildlife photography although I was lucky this time, she caught the tiddler just down from me and then came and sat to eat it about 30 feet away within ten minutes of me setting up in my hide :clap: I sat for a further 2 hours and all I saw were some swans and a wren, I only took 5 shots all told and those were of the Kingfisher.

It's ok as a recoding pic I suppose but I know I can get better given decent light, will be back there again to try and improve on this one.

Mike.

T0MAT01

Prominent Member
Very nice capture. :thumbsup:
We sometimes see Kingfishers flying along the stream nearby, but they're just a flash of turquiose usually! ...I've yet to get a photo of one. I must try harder!

audisteve

Standard Member
really nice picture, i managed to capture one when we were in Cyprus last year but i was only using my 18 - 55 lens the 300 was in the room:(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom