Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Feb 10th 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJSigma

Ex Member
Reaction score
This is a single player action RPG. The executive designer, Ken Rolston, was the lead designer for Morrowind and Oblivion.

Gameplay trailer: -

5 minute gameplay video (spoilers): -

Seen a few previews of this and it looks fantastic.

This game was mentioned on the GiantBomb Podcast this week. Sounds pretty much like Skyrim with a few diffrent twists on the game mechanics.

The demo for this is out next week. It'll be the full intro to the game, including being able to create your character, then you have 2 large areas to explore and it's time-limited to 45 minutes.

They're running some cross-game promotion with Mass Effect 3. Completing the demo for this will unlock stuff in ME3, and completing the demo for ME3 will unlock stuff in this. The "stuff" is in-game items such as weapons and armour.

Also, I heard an interview with 2 of the developers last night and they said that this game offers around 200 hours of gameplay.

They're running some cross-game promotion with Mass Effect 3. Completing the demo for this will unlock stuff in ME3, and completing the demo for ME3 will unlock stuff in this. The "stuff" is in-game items such as weapons and armour.

Heres all the details for the promotion

Mass Effect 3 Meets Kingdoms of Amalur - PS3 News at IGN

The Mass Effect armour looks awesome!!

Im actually starting to get quite excited for this game, my RPG itch needs scratching since i finished Skyrim.

I really liked the demo, although I gave up on it after the first major fight with a tougher enemy because I'd seen enough to know I'll buy it.

It reminds me quite a bit of the Fable games.

The combat is great and there are large skill trees where you can unlock more skills and moves. You level up with XP and can upgrade skills how you see fit, so you can shape your character how you want. It's not really an open world game like Skyrim, although there's still plenty of exploring to be done.

Last edited:
Anyone played the demo yet?

Yep, thought the game was excellent. Pre-ordered it!

As mentioned I don't think this is an open world RPG in the Skyrim sense but for me that is no bad thing. Looking forward to a more directed story telling experience. Although Skyrim was immense, I felt at times it really lacked direction with so much to do everywhere on the map I found it hard to stick to the main story so that suffered as I'd often come back to it dozens of hours later and not know what was going on or why I was supposed to care!

Played the demo until it ended and loved it. Pre-order going in for this now :smashin:

Played the demo until it ran out of time and loved it. Reminiscent of fable but with a kick-ass combat mechanic. The Moves you unlock are superb and when you fill your meter to 'unravel the threads of fate' combat takes on a new dimension, and you're rewarded with a gruesome finishing move.

To top it all the lady character I created (by accident) was extremely easy on the eye. :)

I found it very like fable(not a great thing) and am unsure on what depth it has in character development. I read on the ign article that it has full repec which I don't like, I like to invest in a character and live with my mistakes.

I played the Demo till it told me i could play for a further 40mins and then i quit as i'd seen enough. I will buy it when it's cheap, I'm not pre-ordering.

Also does anyone else hate Gnomes? I really wanted to wipe that stupid race out!:devil:

Enjoyed the demo. I'm a big Fable fan and it definately had that vibe. I quit before the end feeling I had seen enough and didn't want to ruin the experience when I got the final game.

Now I found out you have to finish the demo to unlock the second Mass Effect 3 item. :(

Urgh, really liked the look of this, but it's just pointless me purchasing anymore games at the moment. Barely touched Skyrim, not started Dark Souls or Batman and can't get myself off Gears of War 3 anyway. So maybe pick this up later in the year when it no doubt drops in price.

anyone knows how to finish the demo? seems i stuck and cant follow the mainquest as they are only availabe in the retail game .. not sure what to do .. didnt read through the conversations as i just wanted to have a frist look and unlaock the ME3 Weapon :D

edit: just play for a while .. dunno about an hour,finished 3-4 side quests, skipped all the dialogs .. this can be quite addictive

Last edited:
Played the demo earlier today. Spoke through alot of conversations and had alot of fun running around doing quests. Although I had noticed that at one point I went to speak to someone and some of the dialogue didnt play and the text ran really quickly so I was wondering if they demo didnt include all the voice acting. Will be keeping it on pre order for me as itll tide me over till mass effect 3 comes out. Was gonna be picking this up on PS3 but all the free stuff from the demo has me sold on a 360 copy.

anyone knows if you need to keep the demo to keep the in-game unlocks for ME3 ?

anyone knows if you need to keep the demo to keep the in-game unlocks for ME3 ?

I bet you can remove the demo using the storage option and leave the save file. I could be wrong.

Mr Quint said:
I bet you can remove the demo using the storage option and leave the save file. I could be wrong.

OT mr quint is the barrel in your profile pic an original?

Mr Quint said:

To be on the safe side I wouldn't touch it till the is a confirmation

If it was anything like the Gears of War 3 beta which gave you unlocks in the retail game then definitely do not delete the game save ;). But then this is EA so I wouldn't remove anything until the game is released and you have acquired all your unlocks. ;)

If it was anything like the Gears of War 3 beta which gave you unlocks in the retail game then definitely do not delete the game save ;). But then this is EA so I wouldn't remove anything until the game is released and you have acquired all your unlocks. ;)

I had a look at the save file last night. It's under demos and is just one file for the demo only, I would say that the unlocks are just linked to your EA accounts at the end of the day. But as discussed, to be safe, do not delete the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom