Kingdom Of Heaven: The Definitive Edition

F1Fan72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have Kingdom Of Heaven 'Director Cut' on DVD and have just noticed Kingdom Of Heaven: The Definitive Edition.

As this is one of my favourite films.. is it worth buying this also ? what's the difference ?

I have Kingdom Of Heaven 'Director Cut' on DVD and have just noticed Kingdom Of Heaven: The Definitive Edition.

As this is one of my favourite films.. is it worth buying this also ? what's the difference ?

Hi

Agreed this is definitly a great movie! The Directors Cut is recut by the Director to include all the uncut footage which was cut from the original non-directors cut premier edition which was also excluded from the 2 disc special edition which was definitly not cut by the director but did include some of the cut footage from the uncut directors cut edition. . . .
The Definitive Edition has all the extra cut and uncut material which was cut from the non-directors cut and not cut from the directors uncut edition but was cut from the original 2 disc special edition which did not include the special extended features which the uncut directors cut did include but not until after November 2006 which the uncut directors cut later did include.
The bluray special uncut directors cut does include most of the uncut material but some of the non-cut premier special single disc and 2disc edition cuts have been recut. Hope that clarifys things.

Rgds

CH

Hi

Agreed this is definitly a great movie! The Directors Cut is recut by the Director to include all the uncut footage which was cut from the original non-directors cut premier edition which was also excluded from the 2 disc special edition which was definitly not cut by the director but did include some of the cut footage from the uncut directors cut edition. . . .
The Definitive Edition has all the extra cut and uncut material which was cut from the non-directors cut and not cut from the directors uncut edition but was cut from the original 2 disc special edition which did not include the special extended features which the uncut directors cut did include but not until after November 2006 which the uncut directors cut later did include.
The bluray special uncut directors cut does include most of the uncut material but some of the non-cut premier special single disc and 2disc edition cuts have been recut. Hope that clarifys things.

Rgds

CH

Geeez, were you a script writer for Sir Humphrey in Yes Prime Minister? :)

Far as I know, the only difference is the box. The Director's Cut is in a cardboard fold-out (cool blue with art from the movie on R1; cheap LOTR rip-off on R2) while the Definitive Edition is in a steelbook.

thanks guys for your replies.. I just wish Fox release a HD DVD version :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom