1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kingdom Hearts

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by laurathegenie, Jan 3, 2003.

1. laurathegenie

laurathegenie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help! On a tight budget and just wanted to know if this game is worth buying? I'd be grateful for any opinions! :devil:

2. spidermanalf

spidermanalf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Not going to help you much here, as I think it is OK, not marvelous, not pap.

Sorry it does not help!!

3. terjehaakonson

terjehaakonson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's quite good...
    Fills the gap between the FF series!

4. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    My brother has it and says it is really good. Makes him laugh a lot apparently!

5. Nitro

Nitro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have hear from a lot of my friends, and in the internet that the games is good, but if you are fan of Final Fantasy you will love it (i think) I'm thinking about buying but right now i can't because i'm going to buy the parts of my new PC!
    Hell yeah! for me, lol.

6. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    I had a go on the weekend..... unfortunately it is very arcade like, do not expect FF ATB systems. Is a bit like Phantasy Star Online, looks very nice though.

7. laurathegenie

laurathegenie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well maybe I'll just add it to the Christmas list for this year ;) Thanks for the opinions though.:D

8. Dunedin397

Dunedin397

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks.

If you're a Final Fantasy or Disney fan, or enjoy action RPGs along the lines of the Zelda series, then I think you'll enjoy Kingdom Hearts. It's a great game in terms of gameplay, story, graphics & audio, but it's not a Final Fantasy game.

The combat is realtime, so there's no switching to a battle screen as in Final Fantasy. You run around battling the enemies, but there's still a menu system if you want to use magic. As well as the main story there's a number of sidfe quests to complete.

The only niggles with the game are the camera whilst in combat (turning off the lock-on helps) and the jumping isn't a patch on a platformer game such as Jak & Daxter & there's borders on the PAL version (but the speed is fine).

Overall, this is a top game & well worth getting if you see it for £30 or under.

Dunedin397

9. laurathegenie

laurathegenie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to say I pick up the case everytime I walk into HMV or Game! I'm thinking I can afford to treat myself! Its taking control of me!

Laura