• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Kingdom Hearts 2

chrislad

Prominent Member
Playing the GBA version at the mo, and I was wondering if this was ever coming out. Must be out in Japan at least 18 months now. Play says next week. Game says Q1 2006.

Eddy.

Banned
Apparently, its out over here on the 29th of September.

Can't wait, been looking forward to this game for ages :smashin:

chrislad

Prominent Member
About bloody time really. The rest of the world has had this for ages.

diverse

Standard Member
The sequel to the critically acclaimed Kingdom Hearts is scheduled for release exclusively on PlayStation 2 in the autumn.

G

grays

Are PS2 games region coded like DVDs or if I were to order the game from the US would it play ok on my kids UK PS2?

Thanks

chrislad

Prominent Member
Managed to get my hands on a promo copy and am happily playing this now.

It's good so far. A bit strange at the start, and my HD TV does not like PS2 graphics. That or I'm too used to the HD generation already.

Either way, if you liked the first, I highly suggest this. Only thing is that some of the characters are from the GBA version so expect to be totally lost if you haven't played that. There is a wordless FMV sequence which sums it up but not if you haven't played them.

S

Sarah Nya

I didn't really enjoy the second one, it's far too easy and there isn't much in the way of adventuring you can do as you pretty much run down a one way path in most levels :(

chrislad

Prominent Member
I didn't really enjoy the second one, it's far too easy and there isn't much in the way of adventuring you can do as you pretty much run down a one way path in most levels :(

I have to agree from the point of view that it's a lot more linear then the first one. That said, I love Disney, I love Final Fantasy, so it can be as linear as it wants. Thankfully, I'm just well past that irritating opening and back with Goofy and Donald.

Eddy.

Banned
I love it. Just a brilliant game.

The graphics are utterly mindblowing, really! The Pirates of the Caribbean cast are rendered extremely well!

The black and white level was ace. I loved the way the characters looked like their 1920's counterparts, complete with muffled dialogue!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom