King Richard Movie Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
After a raft of praise, surprised to see a 7/10 Cas, but seems fair given your points made. I was always going to check it out based on some decent trailers (more for Smith's performance as not a tennis fan) but it's not going to warrant a cinema visit. Strictly for streaming whenever it lands.

I like tennis and I quite like Smith but I just can’t get enthused enough to watch this. Not a cinema film imo.

Yeah agree with Drax about a streaming job, but still looking forward to it nevertheless. I'm a big tennis fan and I know of the story well.

Smith looks like he was a good choice for the role too.

Enjoyed this one! Quite long flick around 2h 20min, but well worth it. Will Smith delivered!

Smith is getting desperate for recognition as a serious actor, not keen on him anymore.

Smith is getting desperate for recognition as a serious actor, not keen on him anymore.
Hes better than one trick ponys like the rock, ryan reynolds vin diesel, jason statham just to name a few

They are all joke 'actors', kind of like saying a bout of diarrhea is better than constipation. :D

It always baffles me that Smith is one of the world’s biggest stars, yet churns out some real dross. I honestly can’t remember the last good movie he made.

Watched this last night on HBO max. Really enjoyed it. It is an exceptional performance by Will Smith. Probably just nudges an 8 for me

8.5 for me really enjoyed will smith's performance deserves a nomination.

A solid 8/10 from me, I really did enjoy it. The only iffy thing about it being Will Smith's accent...

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom