King Kong HD-DVD error code?

Gareth W

Tried to play for the first time "King Kong" on HD-DVD last night (EP30 player) and after 5 mins it just stops and shows this error code;

"Error code 408bc504"

Assume the disc is dead or something up with the player? Plays other DVD and HD-DVD fine.....

brian s

Distinguished Member
I don't have that disc so I can't advise if my player can play it. Have you tried more than once to play it? If so are you fully up to date with your fimware.

You could also try contacting Toshiba directly here.

Support | Toshiba

Bri

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
If it is a damaged disc and you want to replace it, you can always pick this film up really cheap (£2-£3) on the classifieds on this forum.

I haven't tried mine for a while but it was OK last time I played it

Gareth W

It's a brand new disc that I've had for a while and not played.

And this error occurred both times I tried it the other day. Not sure how to check the Toshiba firmware - is it on line like PS3???

brian s

Distinguished Member
I've had a look around and found that Tosh released a 4.0 update in 2008 which is said to have cured playback problems including pause issues. I'm not sure if your player was included in this update and I can't find a download site so maybe contacting Tosh might help. They may still have update discs. If not do any AVF members have this update they could send to Gareth?

http://techcrunch.com/2008/09/29/to...are-updates-for-its-hd-dvd-players-seriously/

Bri

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom