King Kong: Extended Edition

PoochJD

Hi,

"King Kong: Extended Edition" (3-discs) is due out on 14th November 2006, in the USA, for about £18. Details as follows:

Widescreen 2.35:1, Anamorphic; Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround; English, French, and Spanish subtitles available. Running Time is now between 3 and a half, and 4 hours!

Disc 1:
- Commentary with Director Peter Jackson & Producer Phillipa Boyens Part 1
- Sixteen Deleted Scenes (Totalling around 40 Minutes)

Disc 2:
- Commentary with Director Peter Jackson & Producer Phillipa Boyens Part 2
- The Eighth Blunder of the World Featurette
- The Present Featurette
- A Night in Vaudeville Featurette
- King Kong Homage
- Weta Collectables
- Selection of Trailers

Disc 3:
- The King Kong Archives
- Introduction by director Peter Jackson
- The Origins of King Kong Documentary
- Pre-Production Part 1: The Return of Kong
- Pre-Production Part 2: Countdown to Filming
- The Venture Journey Featurette
- Return to Skull Island Featurette
- New York, New Zealand Featurette
- Bringing Kong to Life Part 1: Design and Research
- Bringing Kong to Life Part 2: Performance and Animation
- The 1996 King Kong Video Gallery
- The Venture Video Gallery
- Skull Island Video Gallery
- New York Video Gallery
- Kong Video Gallery
- Arrival at Skull Island Pre-Viz Animatic
- Bronto Stampede Pre-Viz Animatic
- T-Rex Fight Pre-Viz Animatic
- Kong's Capture Pre-Viz Animatic
- Empire State Building Battle Pre-Viz Animatic
- Ann Disarms Kong Motion-Capture/Animation Comparison
- Kong's Capture Motion-Capture/Animation Comparison
- Kong in New York Motion-Capture/Animation Comparison
- DVD Credits
- Complete version of the original 1996 Script, that became "King Kong" in 2005 (DVD-ROM)
- Complete version of the new 2005 Extended Edition Script (DVD-ROM)

Pooch

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
:smashin:

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Now there's a suprise

So glad I never wasted my money on the first release now.

Neil

CrazyHorse

This Extended Edition will also be available in a DVD gift set complete with figurine, much like the Lord of the Rings gift sets...

this from DVD Times...

In addition, the multi-disc DVD is also available in an extraordinary King Kong: Deluxe Extended Limited Edition DVD gift set that includes specially designed collectable packaging. A beautifully crafted King Kong figurine, created exclusively for the package by the Oscar®-winning artists at Weta Workshop and Weta Digital, the company responsible for the film's creature design, special makeups, miniatures and dazzling visual effects, accompanies the gift set. It's the ultimate set for the ultimate "King Kong" fan. The gift set is priced at $79.98 SRP.
Can't find the gift set for pre-order anywhere yet - hope somebody does a good deal on it as $80 seems a bit too much for an extra Kong figure.

Xan

Novice Member
Four Hours !:eek:

It will be interesting to see what footage is added back into the film, IMHO I thought the first hour was a bit slow, but catching Kong and getting back to New York was too quick.

But you will definatley need a comfy sofa for this!

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
no :dts: ES 6.1 Discrete???

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sorry...lol

CrazyHorse

Originally posted by Xan
Four Hours !:eek:
There's only 13 mins of footage actually put back into the extended cut, so that will make the running time approx 200mins inc titles. So not quite 4 hours then. ;)

davidwatsonok

Is DTS listed in the end credits :confused: If so, then they may be lining us up for a future Ultimate DTS box set :rolleyes: The movie was so lacklustre I can wait for that too :suicide:

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Unlike the LOTR films, where I couldn't get enough of the statues, extended editions etc, I really have no interest in seeing any other stuff about King Kong. Seen the film and have the 2 disc set which is enough for me. Doesn't really grab me.

partyweb

Novice Member
Seeing as the figurine collectors editions for LOTR could be picked up for under £10 after a while I think I'll hold out until this ltd edition hits the bargain bin too.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I think this film could have done with some cuts to make itmore lean rather than any more additions! Great film, but the first hour was very slow imo. Still will buy it though! :blush:

dts borg

Novice Member
Four Hours !

It will be interesting to see what footage is added back into the film, IMHO I thought the first hour was a bit slow, but catching Kong and getting back to New York was too quick.

But you will definatley need a comfy sofa for this!
Lets hope the first hour has not been made 13mins longer :eek: :boring: :boring: :boring:

Ger

First review I have seen of this at DVD Times. Extra scenes and special features look interesting, but video quality seems to be compromised by the amount of extras. Might go for this (wasn't going to get it).

KevD

Novice Member
Thought this film was OK, if anything too long. I may go for this just too see what the new version is like. Would ideally like a DTS soundtrack but as long as the DD is of high standard that will do me.