King Kong: Extended Edition

calibradtm

D

DTSFan2001

You may think that, but I've known once or twice in the past Movietyme have advertised without DTS and then I find out it has once I receive it.

D

Deleted member 36193

According to my contact there will be a special edition, but extras, soundtracks etc are still TBC. Universal just know there will be a SE with deleted scenes (possibly branched into the movie).

CrazyHorse

lostinspace said:
According to my contact there will be a special edition, but extras, soundtracks etc are still TBC. Universal just know there will be a SE with deleted scenes (possibly branched into the movie).

If you check out that DVD Times link then it seems the official spec has been announced in a press release.

No DTS
The film itself is just 13 mins longer
16 deleted scenes (total of 40 mins) but not branched into the movie.

Plus a whole disc of extras.

Jammyb

I'd like a shorter version, with DTS, is that too much to ask?

What kind of masochist wants an extended edition of this film??

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
Jammyb said:

:hiya: :D

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Jammyb said:

I don't want a longer version but I don't want it any shorter. The pacing of the story was perfect.

Battle

Distinguished Member
If that is the actual statue it doesnt impress me much - should have had Kong holding onto the top of the tower not half way up a blank wall

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
CrazyHorse said:
If you check out that DVD Times link then it seems the official spec has been announced in a press release.

No DTS
The film itself is just 13 mins longer
16 deleted scenes (total of 40 mins) but not branched into the movie.

Plus a whole disc of extras.

Thats shame, 13 mins? , i rather they added extra 30mins, to make it different from the cinema version, then it would make a worthwhile (i like it btw).

D

Deleted member 36193

lostinspace said:

My contact only knows about R2. It may be the same as R1. If it is I'm not sure the new version will be worth buying. Everyone knows there is so much extra footage that yet another version will appear at some point, maybe when the HD version arrives?

D

Deleted member 36193

CrazyHorse said:
Has your contact heard anything about a R2 Gift Set with the Kong figurine?

I just phoned him to see what he knew.
He knows a R2 SE is coming (worst kept secret) even though it's not on their release schedule yet, but Peter Jackson has final say as to extras etc. My pal would put money on it being the same content with the same figure with a worldwide release date.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom