King kong 4k bluray £10 at zoom ltd stocks

bullterrier

Established Member
Reaction score
Just ordered king kong 4k for a bargain price new at zoom.co.uk

This was posted in the price drop thread when it was £9 last week. Anybody now rushing to it, its now up to £22.22 or in the 2 for £30 UHD selection.

This was posted in the price drop thread when it was £9 last week. Anybody now rushing to it, its now up to £22.22 or in the 2 for £30 UHD selection.
Hence my confusion and query.

Hmmm,

I literally watched this for the first time yesterday (BluRay, not 4k) - trying to keep myself away from the rest of the family while I shake off the lurgy.

I thought it overly long, and generally tedious...…. and this is supposed to be the better one?:eek:

I still have a copy of Skull Island to watch sometime - it may stay in it's wrapper for a while longer!

As you may have gathered, I won't be double-dipping, no matter how cheap it is!:D

Hmmm,

I literally watched this for the first time yesterday (BluRay, not 4k) - trying to keep myself away from the rest of the family while I shake off the lurgy.

I thought it overly long, and generally tedious...…. and this is supposed to be the better one?:eek:

I still have a copy of Skull Island to watch sometime - it may stay in it's wrapper for a while longer!

As you may have gathered, I won't be double-dipping, no matter how cheap it is!:D
Completely agree, overly long and tedious sums up Peter Jackson's King Kong.
In my opinion both the 1933 & 1976 movies are vastly superior. The 1933 version is the best. The 1976 version seems to get dismissed by most people but is actually pretty good, although the effects range from okay to awful. It certainly has a great cast, Jeff Bridges, Jessica Lange and Charles Grodin.

Hmmm,

Skull Island is much more fun than Jackson's Kong, more a monster mash-up like a Japanese kaiju movie. It's lightweight, but enjoyable.

You can skip nearly the first hour of Jackson's King Kong, and start when they arrive at the island, and you have missed nothing, it's just dull padding up to that point.

Hmmm,

I actually enjoyed the New York bits but it started going down hill after that. I didn't make to the end so no 4K for me either.

Bri

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom