Kinect Sports Island Freedom (Nov 26th)

Hades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha, Figure Skating.......perfect!!! :D Was going to maybe grab Motion Sports (have Kinect Sports) but might wait for this instead now.

Had a chance to play this today, very poor in my opinion.
Played tennis, paintball, Archery and snowboarding.

The presentation lets it down, nothing compared to Kinect sports. No voice overs and nothing during events like the music outburst on bowling in Kinect sports and even the avatars can't be controlled to celebrate after an event. Just feels so dull and boring.

The graphics vary from event to event, most ar okay, paintball is terrible.

Menus a little cluttered, and when selecting 'skip' for example it won't display your hand as an icon, you have to guess where it should be on screen, and then it keeps moving slightly off the 'skip' button because you can't see where to hold it. Things like this just frustrate me so much.

The events just seem so boring compared to Kinect sports, awkward controls on some. Tennis you think you have it mastered then you just miss every shot.

Some may like it, but unless you're desperate for another sports title stick to just playing Kinect Sports.

Kinect Sports 8/10
Freedom Sports 5/10

One I certainly won't be buying.

Was going to have a look at this for the archery but for the first time in a long while I have been put off a game by a magazine review. OXM gave it 3/10 :laugh:

It sounds like it's been rushed out to take advantage of the lack of games at launch. No doubt there will be more like this (just like on the Wii) unfortunately.

It sounds like it's been rushed out to take advantage of the lack of games at launch. No doubt there will be more like this (just like on the Wii) unfortunately.

Seems like it. But worryingly it seems the launch titles have been the best so far, Kinect Sports, Dance Central and although more for the kids, Kenectimals is a very polished game and even Fitness evolved.

But some of the more recent titles seem to be very poor indeed, and if these had been seen before the above mentioned titles it would have put me off Kinect for good.

Let's hope it's not a sign of things to come.

My copy was despatched yesterday according to Play.com. So should be able to have a go on it soon. :thumbsup:

My copy was despatched yesterday according to Play.com. So should be able to have a go on it soon. :thumbsup:

Let us know, as this game is going down like a lead balloon

I think we should all have bets how long it will be before you put it on eBay ;)

Oh, don't play paintball first, the disc will be broken in two before you get to at least try the other events...

I was really looking forward to getting this, will give it a miss now if its that bad.

Oh, don't play paintball first, the disc will be broken in two before you get to at least try the other events...
Yeah, really couldnt get on with Paintball. But then I cant play any 1st person shooter games, so no suprise there.

Archery, snowboarding and mogul skiing are great. Boxing is good too, albeit I only played it once, and won easily.

Its a good game if you're playing with/alongside kids, as they'll love it. But as with most/all Kinect games, they're not overly complex, just good simple fun.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom