Kinect signing in the wrong people

sparkymark75

I have myself, my wife and my son and daughter on the Xbox One in the living room. It seems to be sign me in ok 95% of the time. However, it seems to pick up other members of the family as someone else.

For example, this morning, I was playing AC4. My son came in the room and sat down. It then welcomed him as my wife! 5 minutes later, it then welcomed my daughter even though no one had left or entered the room.

So I thought I would fix this as it's been bugging me lately. So we all sat down on the sofa and I went through each account, making sure it picked up everybody correctly.

I then went into the Kinect settings to see what it saw. It had the 4 of us on the sofa, it picked me up ok but had my daughter as my wife. After much waving of hands it was still being pretty inconsistent at recognising us so I had to eventually disable the sign in with Kinect for my son and daughter.

Has anyone else had issues like this and been able to get Kinect working more consistently?

stellamandude

Distinguished Member
I've been having similar issues just recently, signing me in when my son is playing, even tho my account has a password assigned to it !!
I've not gone through all the accounts like you did, but I think I might have to try that to see if it improves the situation.
I'm a little bit annoyed with it to be honest as I set a password to stop my 7 year boy accessing my account to play games he shouldn't be playing.

Seems to have only happened since the latest firmware "update" ??

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
I believe you can keep training it. If you bring up the sign in screen when someone is signed in incorrectly, there is an option to say you weren't recognised. It then adds recognition data to that profile. In theory, it should be improving every time you do this.

iwb100

Distinguished Member
I believe you can keep training it. If you bring up the sign in screen when someone is signed in incorrectly, there is an option to say you weren't recognised. It then adds recognition data to that profile. In theory, it should be improving every time you do this.

Had a problem with signing my wife in incorrectly. Doing the I was not recognised routine each time fixed it. Basically every time you do this it adds more recognition data to each profile and improves its accuracy. I had to do it a few times but it's pretty spot on now.

HHH370

Standard Member
it seems only a problem signing in our wives! ive had the same issues. maybe microsoft is trying to tell us something ;)

jj75

It was when it kept signing in the cat as the missus that all other profiles were deleted....

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom