Kinect and External HDD issues

Discussion in 'Xbox One' started by Waynej, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,370
    Has anyone noticed their Kinect lights blinking off and on, or the power light on Xbox and Kinect getting brighter or dimmer?

I've noticed the latter a few times in the past. While watching Youtube videos now I see my Kinect is going off completely, both gesture centred leds and the power light on Kinect - it comes back on a few seconds later. Also experience controller disconnections, not sure if related.

Found this post with a Google search which sounds like same issue Light on Kinect oddities - Xbox One Message Board for Xbox One - GameFAQs

On top of that my External HDD was not detected again (had issue a few times already) reboot and full power down does not sort it, simply unplugging and plugging it back in fixes that problem.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  2. iwb100

iwb100
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,225
    If the kinect is switching off fully and back on again then that could be a sign of a fault. Might need a replacement kinect. My launch one did it after several months.

The lights do dim and that is normal. They dim based on ambient lighting conditions.

The small sensor light (horizontal dash) will also turn on or off depending on if it is being used or not and this is normal.

3. Waynej

Waynej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,370
    Xbox pad disconnects either wireless or wired, Kinect now disconnects, External HDD occassionally fails to connect on start-up, USB drive also occassionally disconnects while watching media. I had both the pad and USB drive disconnect same day I got an advanced replacement, so figure everyone must have the same issues. I just stuck with my day one console in the end and sent their replacement back. Months later I tried again and ended up with a console that wouldn't read discs so just gave up.

Kinect disconnecting is an all-new issue though, and today is the first time I noticed it. I am obviously out of warranty so expect they'll be awkward if I tried to push for a replacement Kinect.