Kindle Fire Or Asus MeMo 370T?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by apolloa, Jan 11, 2012.

1. apolloa

apolloa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,132
    I am looking to get a 7" tablet this year and may be split between these two, depending on UK price and if they ever get launched in the UK. Although I think the Asus should be out in the first half of this year here?

Anyway, you all know the Kindle Fire, well made, tough, has what I think is a very nice interface design and layout, has the Amazon eco system and cloud storage, it has the Kindle experience. Runs Android 2.3.

Kindle Fire - Full Color 7" Multi-Touch Display with Wi-Fi - More than a Tablet

Or the Asus, this was announced at CES this week, it has a 7" IPS screen, higher resolution then the Fire, has the new Nvidia Tegra 3 chip, new screen tech to make it faster at scrolling, expandable memory, 8mpx rear camera, not sure about the rest like GPS or bluetooth? It will run Android Ice Cream Sandwich which I think is 4.0? 16gb or 32gb storage.

Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV

$250 Quad Core Tablet Asus Eee Pad MeMO

Asus announced the price will be $249 for it!!! The Fire is $199

I will use it to browse the web, youtube, a bit of email, and reading magazines.

2. apolloa

apolloa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,132
    I was going to get the Sony Tablet S, I even think I made a thread on here about it? Anyway after I saw it in the flesh I decided it was too heavy for my liking, same as an iPad. Hence why I am looking at 7" tabs. Ill probably play some games on the device too but not many. So not sure which would be better suited to my needs? I know the Asus has stonking power, but Amazon has the eco system?

3. apolloa

apolloa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,132