Kindle Books Round 99p-£1.99, Bargains, Or Recommendations.

Garrett

Garrett

A lot of Wilber Smith on at 99p this is one I read after seeing the film
Dark of the Sun called the Mercenary's on the UK launch.
Amazon product
Good book good film

Garrett

Garrett

Last edited:

Garrett

dUnKle

99p pick of the month

Absolute Power the book the film was based on which was only part of the story dips a bit in the middle 3rd but boy the last 3rd totaly gripping.
Amazon product
No Mans Land David Baldacci sort of Jack Reacher character, I've not read it, the first in the series was so so but the second was very good.
Amazon product
Cobra one or Fredric Forsyth books.
Amazon product
@dUnKle did your dad pick this up or any of the series?
Masters of War.
Amazon product
oh god. I’ve lost track of what we have gotten him. Proper loaded up. If not we will get it. Thanks as always mate.

hope all well

Garrett

oh god. I’ve lost track of what we have gotten him. Proper loaded up. If not we will get it. Thanks as always mate.

hope all well
Just looked back and mentioned it earlier this year but could have been before your dad got his new Kindle.

Garrett

99p pick of the month

Absolute Power the book the film was based on which was only part of the story dips a bit in the middle 3rd but boy the last 3rd totaly gripping.
Amazon product
No Mans Land David Baldacci sort of Jack Reacher character, I've not read it, the first in the series was so so but the second was very good.
Amazon product
Cobra one or Fredric Forsyth books.
Amazon product
@dUnKle did your dad pick this up or any of the series?
Masters of War.
Amazon product
I know someone wont be reading my recommendation and saying lies all lies its a fake. :laugh:
aa fake news book.jpg

richardb70

Distinguished Member
If anyone's watching the brilliant Queen's Gambit on Netflix, the ebook is 99p at the moment:

Amazon product

Garrett

Garrett

Afraid I don't know at the moment 😞.

I bought them as I had my eye on them, but I've yet to get time to read them.
BRW there lots of other Gemmel books on at 99p ant recommendations?

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Where else is there to buy ebooks other than Amazon. I'm up to the last in a 7 book series and the prices have been creeping up with each book, to the point where the last book is about £3 more than the paperback.

BlueOrange25

BRW there lots of other Gemmel books on at 99p ant recommendations?
I've just started Sword In The Storm (The Rigante Book 1), about a third of the way into it. It's decent though it's feeling a bit familiar and typical. Can't complain at this price.

The Drenai series is quite popular though the number order on Amazon was a little confusing when I bought mine copies last year.

Not sure if Amazon fixed the number order on their pages for each title. I got a bit lost with the 'proper' order, so it's useful to check with a bibliography from Wiki.

Amazon product

Garrett

Garrett

As this is a Kindle thread can anyone help with a problem I have with mine. I noticed the other day it has a very tiny scratch on the screen but when the back lights on it comes though in that spot very bright, like the sun bursting though heavy clouds.
The best solution I come up with so far is to turn the light down a bit and stick 2 very small patches of supposable invisible tape but rather semi transparent over it which stops the bright light but makes the letter under it slightly grey.
Its years old and an exchange is out of the question £5 towards a new one no way.

Does anyone know of substance to repair the very slight scratch.

Garrett

Garrett

Garrett

Garrett

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Warner Bros 2021 movies coming to HBO Max and cinemas simultaneously
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
4K Streaming impacts carbon emissions says Royal Society
  • By Andy Bassett