Kindle Books Round 99p-£1.99, Bargains, Or Recommendations.

Garrett

Reputably one of the best ever autobiography's

Garrett

Anyone read JB Turner? One of his on today sounds good for 99p.

Garrett

Book 1 the Prime TV series The Expanse is based on 99p today .

BTW the link acting the goat today with the price sometimes I log in its 99p and others its £3.99 but when I go to Amazon its 99p

Last edited:

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
@Garrett

mate, if anyone knows, you will know but ...

is there anyway of keeping track, ideally via amazon / kindle app, of what series you are reading and where you are up to with them ?

I have read a number of Chris Ryan books over years, but having just checked, I’ve “missed” the last two strike back novels and last 2 Danny black novels.

just wandered if there was anything that keeps track, alerts you what missing and then, ideally, gives you heads up when price drops

Garrett

@Garrett

mate, if anyone knows, you will know but ...

is there anyway of keeping track, ideally via amazon / kindle app, of what series you are reading and where you are up to with them ?

I have read a number of Chris Ryan books over years, but having just checked, I’ve “missed” the last two strike back novels and last 2 Danny black novels.

just wandered if there was anything that keeps track, alerts you what missing and then, ideally, gives you heads up when price drops
There nothing I know of and only thing I do for checking the monthly price drops of my watched authors I can only get to work on Internet Explorer and not Google well I say Google as far as I know theirs a limit number of favorites, I got thousands of favorites in different sub groups on IS. I think that new browser that from MS works a bit like IS.

BlueOrange25 says one popped up on his wish list I wonder if they have some alert tracker.

Garrett

Just spotted one of Chris at 99p but suppose you have it.

Garrett

Considered to be a great sci fi writer but Toko lent me a pile but just could not get into them.

Also today @99P

Last edited:

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Considered to be a great sci fi writer but Toke lent me a paile but just could not get into them.

Also today @99P
I’ve got all the culture books but can’t bring myself to start them. Considered the man in the high castle but decided not to in the end as got loads of books still to read from previous deals! :D

Flashy

I’ve got all the culture books but can’t bring myself to start them. Considered the man in the high castle but decided not to in the end as got loads of books still to read from previous deals! :D
Only just discovered this thread. I’ve gone for The Man in the High Castle – just checked and it’s the 20th book in my Kindle backlog.

I’ve brought the real books under control though. Only six unread. Pity they’re all about 800 pages.

Garrett

I'm same and dont know if to buy and try again but have huge backlog myself.

richardb70

Distinguished Member
So note that Iain M. Banks wrote both Culture and non-Culture sci-fi :).

Consider Phlebas, Player of Games and Use of Weapons (to name but three) are all Culture and are all blooming fantastic. CP is a road trip of sorts with a light intro into the Culture. PoG and UoW are more in-depth. You don't need to read these in a particular order but I'd always recommend the publishing data chronology.

Others of his like Feersum Endjinn are non-Culture and are not linked to any others.

Garrett

Kindle first today and 6 free short stories under the Hush banner.

Kindle first for August for Prime members and 6 free short stories under the Hush banner.
:mad:wont let me link so again copying above in a quote.

Cloysterpeteuk

There nothing I know of and only thing I do for checking the monthly price drops of my watched authors I can only get to work on Internet Explorer and not Google well I say Google as far as I know theirs a limit number of favorites, I got thousands of favorites in different sub groups on IS. I think that new browser that from MS works a bit like IS.

BlueOrange25 says one popped up on his wish list I wonder if they have some alert tracker.

Since I started using this price tracker site a couple of months back I’ve bought 62 books, thankfully nearly all of those have been 99p so I’ve not spent a great deal, there’s not many books that don’t randomly drop to 99p for a short time a random amount of years after release.

I do like how it tells you the lowest historical price, when it was last that price, how many times it has reached that price, loads of info. How I use it is I just go on the website and check which books have gone to 99p that day, then I’ll check my usual categories (all I read is SciFi, Fantasy or horror), only takes like five minutes.

I’ve slowly been manually adding everything from my hundreds strong Amazon wish list over to this site, setting a price for each book that I want to be notified when it reaches. If you have favourite authors you can set it by author, you would get a message every time one of that authors books drops by XX amount.