Quantcast

Kindle Books Round 99p-£1.99, Bargains, Or Recommendations.

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
Starts with a summing up of invading Russia and then gets to Stalingrad. I'd read it in a oner though. I'm getting through it quite quick.
I've now finished Stalingrad and went straight into Berlin.

Stalingrad has the quote of a Russian officer saying to a German POW, "see that, (pointing at the ruined Stalingrad) that is how Berlin will look."

Berlin opens with the same and was written two years later.

rustybin

Distinguished Member
I've now finished Stalingrad and went straight into Berlin.

Stalingrad has the quote of a Russian officer saying to a German POW, "see that, (pointing at the ruined Stalingrad) that is how Berlin will look."

Berlin opens with the same and was written two years later.
Both absolutely incredible books. I've bought the Audible versions and I'm looking forward to listening to them after having read both myself a few times now.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
World War Z seemed to share only the name with the film. Great book.

Garrett

World War Z seemed to share only the name with the film. Great book.
Anyone thinking of getting the book from what I read in the comments the book is not one story it's different accounts how the wars have affected the.

Would this be right?

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Anyone thinking of getting the book from what I read in the comments the book is not one story it's different accounts how the wars have affected the.

Would this be right?
Essentially but all working towards one goal. It’s a good read but nothing like the film.

Garrett

Garrett

Garrett

This month 99p of intrest list.

Its nearly always there but a great read/

Garrett

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:This just popped up on my radar an instant click and buy for only 98p must read the second 2 follow up to James Swallow's Nomad which was a cracking read.
I don't know if a monthly deal or just for the day.

Currently reading the first and have next two lined up
Enjoying it
well here the fourth if you not got it already.

Garrett

True war story that there was a very good film of it 99p

John Milton set of his first 3 exploits. 99p

Garrett

Garrett

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
That’s a good book. That and digital fortress are worth a read.

Garrett

That’s a good book. That and digital fortress are worth a read.
Good as I bought I although Goodread give it a mauling.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
I did read it when it came out. I may be viewing with rose tinted glasses. Although back then it was a good book but there a million more like it now and it may not have dated well. People love to slate Brown though.

Garrett

Garrett

Garrett

Some for 99p some more David Baldacci that are on offer 99p -£1.99 that's been on offer before at them prices but don't know if this one as 4/5 my rating
Escape on a journey of suspense-filled, non-stop action in Saving Faith by David Baldacci, one of the world's favourite storytellers.
Danny Buchanan is a top Washington lobbyist who once earned a vast fortune serving the interests of giant corporations. But then, appalled by the desperate poverty he witnessed on his global travels, he decided to use his political genius to help the world's poor. With the aid of his loyal assistant, attractive and committed Faith Lockhart, Danny now works tirelessly, and in secret, to redress the balance of power.
But Robert Thornhill has rather different ideas about what constitutes as public service. A ruthless top-ranking veteran of covert CIA activity, he discovers the secret of Danny's political influence and is determined to destroy him . . .

Nomad and Exile by James Swallow are on at 99p and £1.90 respective I just started Exile and although took a while to get going really picked the pace up.

Garrett

A couple that's been up before at 99p the first a Vince Flynn , Mitch Rapp story.

And one very highly rated even by followers of this thread

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Ordered the Mitch Rapp one. I started book 12 last night.

Garrett

Ordered the Mitch Rapp one. I started book 12 last night.
Just noticed it's also crediting Kyles Mills I just hope he not the one with hand in American Assassin.