Quantcast

Kindle Books Round 99p-£1.99, Bargains, Or Recommendations.

Garrett

Good idea for a thread....

Garrett

First books I picked up from Kindle although not 99p but only works out at £1.67 a book is the first 6 books by Scott Mariani Ben Hope series. I have the next 5 in the series in paperback and this 6 set takes me up to last years Cassandras Sanction.
I not got round to this first set but the hero of the books sort of a man alone Bond who is ex-SAS and also had a firm dealing in kidnapping recovery's.

The Ben Hope Collection: 6 BOOK SET eBook: Scott Mariani: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

Scott Mariani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Garrett

Garrett

Garrett

An other of David Baldacci Memory Man which seems the be given a push as I saw in Salisbury's at £3.49 and same in WHSmiths at £3.49 but had to by a Telegraph to get at that price but here for >99p< on Kindle.

I have read it and although police detective story's not really my thing I gave it 4/5.

Synopsis and review here.
David Baldacci Memory Man (Amos Decker #1)

Garrett

I didn't know you get a offer of a one free new book from a selection of 6 if you have Prime each month. See pic.
Hope.jpg

Garrett

I've not read this, but have read 5 in the series and not a bad one amongst them.
Book 12 in the Ben Hope series 99p could be one of there daily deals.
The Cassandra Sanction
TCS.jpg

Sonic67

Distinguished Member
John Grisham - The Racketeer. I'm not sure if it's any good but it came up this morning as being for 99p and I've read lots of his others.

Garrett

My uncle recommended this series to me and of them the No 5 in the series is 99p so I thought have a go. Its about a historical spy(swashbuckling?) called John Shakespeare(Wills brother:)) in Elizibeth 1st times.
The Heretics: John Shakespeare

Garrett

Last edited:

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Zombie Fallout series by Mark stuff. All the first books in his series are free and when you start them you'll buy all the rest. Start with ZF then check out Indian Hill and Lycan Fallout.

Garrett

Last edited:

Garrett

I not read this book but I really enjoyed the first 3 in the series although this is a different sort to the others which was about Will Robie assassin this time he goes back home when his dad a judge been charged with murder. The Guilty £1.19
Funny I got it out of my big box of books to read next last night.

PS the second in the series The Hit 5/5 is in some shops of Poundland

Garrett

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Im starting to despair that nearly every new book these days seems to be an "X Y and Z series book 1"

I know things have changed and publishing deals seem to be a 3 or 4 book thing these days, but please cant we go back to seeing if a book is half good and sells before making it a series

The other thing I used to like is when an author was allowed to maybe have a break of 2 or 3 or more years between books and make their new book something special. Now just wait, its just a month til every author will have a new book out for Christmas

God im old lol

Garrett

God im old lol
I may be also but I do part of Dustys wise words.
But thinking young
And growing older
Is no sin
Click>Wise words from Dusty.

I know what you mean about Book 1 in a series when its there first book to be published. My favorite book started out as a stand alone book but was a hit and a series took off. Not your going to like this and and there's a lot more to follow.

dUnKle

Distinguished Member
Conn Iggulden's Emperor & Conqueror series 99p per book today on Kindle:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=lp_4...1&ie=UTF8&smid=A1G3UP32AZJ14F&node=4725112031

(I bought all of his books in hardback as it just "felt right" at the time, but they are a bargain.)
Cheers. Whilst my backlog of books is huge I've always fancied these and at the price of just a couple of paperbacks for both complete series it's a bargain

I rarely buy books for kindle unless on offer or a real impulse so happy with this offer. Thanks

bigtruck

Distinguished Member
Cheers. Whilst my backlog of books is huge I've always fancied these and at the price of just a couple of paperbacks for both complete series it's a bargain

I rarely buy books for kindle unless on offer or a real impulse so happy with this offer. Thanks
No worries mate, they're brilliant books imo.