Kinda Newbie Question abt Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by bigbfan, Jan 2, 2004.

1. bigbfan

bigbfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I am considering taking up the offer posted on here for the Sky+ but I seem to be banging my head against a brick wall with Sky at the moment...

Ok here is the scenario..

I currently have 2 sky digital dishes up at my house...

The first was put up approximately 3-4 years ago when sky digital started.. it was the free to air service and i did not take up any sky digital packages at the time... so this equipment was not registered on Skys system..

The second dish was fitted about 2 years ago and was done directly through Sky and i subscribed for 12 months... however, the first set top box actually went bust so after the 12 months was over, i started using the newer set top box on the older dish... so the second sky digital dish was left without a sky digibox.... which i werent to bothered about...

As the subsription on the sky digital subscribed box had finished, I decided to subscribe to some non sky channels using the viewing card given to me by Sky... I have now decided that i could do with Sky+ in the room where there is currently no sky digibox...

So basically i rang up sky+ and they said to me that i will only be able to have sky+ using the viewing card which was given to me by them when i last subsribed... Now this is where it gets complicated... i initially do not want to use the old viewing card as i have non-sky channels subscribed on it, and the channels cannot transfer the viewing details to another viewing card without cancelling my 12 month subscription.. which will end up costing me £££s

So in theory i want a new box, and a new viewing card which is totally unrelated to the viewing card which i already got.... what could i possibly do.. advice wud be appreciated...

Sorry for the confusing post.. ive kinda lost the plot at the moment!!

2. bigbfan

bigbfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    i kinda lied and got them to set me up again... hope it doesnt have any come back :confused:

3. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    They give you a new card with your Sky+ box.

Can't you keep you old box with the old card in it?

StooMonster

4. bigbfan

bigbfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    well apparently not... somet about duplicating my details on the system...

but the women who i rang thru on for the 3rd time never asked me if i had a previous sky digital setup... she set me up and voila... u dont think the engineer will ask why i have two dishes up on the wall.. or shall i go up on the roof and pull one off!!