Killzone 3 - Theme Tune Soundtrack

davidg1230

Prominent Member
Reaction score
The title music in the open beta is very good imo, it gives the game a cinematic feel and real gravitas. It'll be good to see if they use more of this within the campaign game itself.

Some more info;

The highly anticipated shooter Killzone 3 just became a lot more epic. Award-winning Dutch composer Joris De Man is working on his original score to the upcoming PlayStation 3 exclusive title. Internationally renowned for his powerful and sweeping music, De Man's work will greatly complement the game's cinematic style and visceral gameplay. In keeping with the grandness of the occasion, the score will be recorded at the world-famous Abbey Road Studios in London

He wrote the score for Killzone 2 aswell;

Following his landmark IVOR NOVELLO award-winning musical achievement for the first-person shooter video game KILLZONE 2 on PLAYSTATION 3, Dutch-born composer JORIS DE MAN returns to provide a new original music score for the highly anticipated next installment in the blockbuster franchise, KILLZONE 3. Internationally renowned for his epic, powerful and sweeping orchestral music, Joris de Man's rousing theatrical score for KILLZONE 3 enhances the game's Hollywood-style, action-focused narrative and propels the dramatic movie sequences and cinematic, visceral gameplay. His most ambitious compositional work yet, Joris de Man will record his symphonic music at the world-famous Abbey Road Studios. Developed by Guerrilla Games, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, KILLZONE 3 is scheduled for release in February 2011

Last edited:
I'll be getting this soundtrack. I know you get it with one of the versions.

Enjoyed KZ2 soundtrack too.

Having listened to that soundtrack a few times awaiting connection I concur it is good. I always thought the KZ2 one was a rip off of the Star Wars Ep1 soundtrack

It reflects the mood/story of the game too, KZ2 - attacking helghan, pushing forward. KZ3 - stuck on helghan, trying to get off, retreating.

For those who didn't play Killzone 2, here's the story so far (spoilers for kz2, obviously):
YouTube - Killzone in 5 Minutes

I like how killzone has a whole back story to it unlike some other shooters :smashin:

I've been trawling through to try and find a complete break down of the story from Killzone 1, Killzone Liberation, Killzone 2 & 3.

I've now got most elelements and will post a new thread shortly on the whole Killzone Story.

Killzone 3 is a little vague at the moment, just the outlined plot

This is one of the best soundtracks i've ever heard on a game.

I hope KZ3 allows you to listen to music while playing online, like KZ2 did.

I'm hoping to buy this KZ3 soundtrack, I know they have KZ2 avaialable from iTunes, so hoping the new game will be available like this.

I don't want to pay extra for the Helghan edition:thumbsdow

That song is great. Its on one of the trailers.

I'll defo be getting that soundtrack. :cool:

Thats got me now, the first 10 seconds of that sounds like a very famous song/theme tune, can't frickin remember what its called though!!

After the string section it goes "der der, der der der, der der der...." and so on....

thats doing my head in now.... though it was from inception but it's not... :suicide:

Got it!! Knew what it was, Requiem for a Dream :thumbsup: From about 2.20 onwards would suit Killzone 3 very well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ3wDHnd-QY

Last edited:
Someone has the full soundtrack on youtube in a playlist (some possible spoilers as the songs relate to chapters in the story)
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Just had a listen to it all, sounds good, really evokes the mood of the Killzone. Whilst working well for game music, I guess it's not something you'll listen to much on your ipod or whilst driving:confused:

Some pieces, like those posted above are very powerful and standup in their own right, but others are really musical infillers for the game and not pieces you'd listen to individually much. It does continue from Killzone 2 theme and you really get a feel for the pace and atmosphere of the single player campaign:smashin:

The soundtrack comes with the limited edition steel book version. That's the one I've preordered :)

I know its not Killzone but along the same theme i.e music.

For those with Facebook have a listen to this. It reminds me of the theme at the end of lost in parts.

Absolutely superb IMO. Dead Island | Facebook

You Tube trailer here

You are spot on Chalky, the Dead Island trailer sounds like something from Lost. Obviously the composer is taking some nods from Michael Giacchino.

Giacchino is still fairly young (43). I believe he could be right up there with Zimmer and Williams by the end of his career.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom