1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Killzone 2

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Kopite4Ever, May 17, 2005.

1. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    :eek:

that is all i can put, seriously !!

i have never in my life seen a FPS run and look like that ! everything ive seen of ps3 and xbox 360 dosnt come close to it imo opinion

check it out at the usual haunts

2. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +55
    Its on PS3.

3. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    i know it is ! im just saying from what ive seen of other titles on the 2 platforms this is the greatest by far

4. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    But you havent seen it run yet have you ? All the shots are rendered and the video is FMV not in game footage. So you have to ask whats the point of showing it ?

Sony havent actually show any in game footage yet other than FMV. They were showing stuff like this at the PS2 launch dont get too excited until we actually see this thing working.

5. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Have you seen the in game footage from war engine. And thats actually being played not FMV......

6. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    ahh im sorry my friend sent me the link saying in game footage i had no reason to doubt

7. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Yes we all get the point it's FMV how many more times do we need to read it in every ps3 thread?

8. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Well as long as people keep saying it :)

9. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    LOL It's just getting a bit old now that's all, i agree it's not ingame but it would be class if the graphics are anywhere near those shown in that vid.

10. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I know what you mean but we should try and keep things accurate. I am sure you would agree Its equally annoying when people keep posting stuff that is not correct ?

Dont get me wrong it would be fantastic if the game looked like that I love FPS and those shots are Incredible. Unfortunately they are rendered so not worth getting excited about at this point.

11. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,128
    Lets face it . KillZone was rubbish after being hyped to the hilt . I'm surprised they even bothered with a sequel.

I strongly suspect the first releases on the 360 and PS3 will generally be mediocre at best. This has always been the case with just about every console. Then again I did buy an Xbox on release day purely on the basis of stumbling across a demo unit with Halo on it in HMV one morning.

To be honest it was about a year after that before anything else came out that was worth playing.

I'm really looking forward to the new consoles ( even though they look look like kitchen appliances) and I'll probably buy them both. I strongly suspect microsoft will steal the thunder of the PS3 purely because they were first out of the gate.

12. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    i honestly didnt think they were rendered. maybe we are just coming to the point were the games look that damn fine its hard to tell were FMV begins and ends. i just watched the UT2007 tech demo on Ps3 and that was impressive as well

13. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    But the all important question should be; Can you jump??!!??

14. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,840
    Killzone 2 goes into some ingame after the levels intro - why else would you have the FPS viewpoint. Those are the quality of graphics that we can expect from the next gen consoles IMO.

OT - Just waiting for Ninty's conference to start on Gamespot at the moment - they are just playing songs with a Nintendo sign @ E3 backdrop so far.

15. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    i thought i wernt just making it up but some people seemed adamant that it not in game. the friend i got link off wouldnt lie so i had no reason to doubt. the part where the rocket flew down the road and blew alot of stuff up seemed so impressive. id love to see all that with the frame rate stay up at a decent level :D

16. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    The stuff I have seen is FMV and rendered shots. I havent seen any in game stuff for any of the PS3 titles thus far. Have you got any links to the in game stuff I would be very interested to see it.

17. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
  18. phetttt

phetttt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks

ive watched footage for killzone 2, it looks good, although i think its cheating if this is just an intro. It also reminds me of the E3 footage of Halo 2 in 2003? - 2004?

Also why do the soldiers (apart from the helghast) not wear helmets??!!

19. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

This one here looks in-game to me, has nobody posted it yet?.

I-8 from Insomniac:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=5856&type=wmv

This video is pretty dark so judging detail is difficult, and it doesn't have the extreme close-ups or "money shots" that the Killzone vid has but it looks pretty good to me :thumbsup: .

The Killzone vid looks better but is the difference that big? I've been running them one after another and i'm not so sure. For the record i'm not sure Killzone is in-game either, but only because of what most people are saying. I'm far from an expert so I personally couldn't tell, so for all I know this I-8 video could be pre-rendered too :) . But then that raises another question; does I-8 look that much better (or better at all) then Ghost Recon 3 or Call of Duty 2 or.... yadda, yadda, yadda :rolleyes:

Also though I don't personally play many FPS, I cant think of many that have pre-rendered sequences in the first-person perspective. Don't they usually go third-person? Maybe thats why so many people are presuming it's in-game footage.

p.s. for what it's worth i've got no sound coming out my PC at the mo', so if that has any barring on determining whether any footage is in-game or not (i.e. Sony rep actually say "this is/isn't in-game) I can't tell.

20. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    Saw this vid last night. Can’t believe people were thinking it was in-game, I don’t think this kind of in-game graphics won’t exist until the next-next-gen consoles are released – although I’d like to be proved wrong! ;)

21. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,840
    Haven't you seen the UT2007 graphics from the Sony conference? They are all generated in real time infact they pause the sequence and move through the world indepenently - very impressive and they are very near movie quality graphics.

22. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I can remember when the rumour got out that the FMV at the beginning of Gran Turismo 2 would be the quality of graphics in GT3; nobody believed it....until GT3 hit the shelves :cool:

I was impressed by the Killzone 2 vid, and, whilst not willing to accept carte blanche that this will be what the finished article looks like, I am open to the possibility that the generational leap of a 5 year old console may in fact genuinely produce graphics of that quality.

I'll believe it 100% when I see it playing in my lounge, with a sleek black PS3 under the telly.

23. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    No I didn’t. Couldn’t seem to find a link. Do you know of any sites where I can download a high-quality vid?

24. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Having watched the whole E3 Sony show and the Kill Zone clips in detail, I have not seen anything to suggest the shots were in game.

No weapons counter or other details you would expect from the FP views, it definately looks like FMV promo footage cleverly done, somthing Sony are past masters at. Thats not to say the PS3 will not turn out games looking like this but we are just speculating at this point as what was shown was clearly not a working game demo.

What makes me most sceptical about any of clips shown is that Sony have not distributed any developement kits yet for the PS3. So how can they be showing game footage from a version of Unreal for the console ??? Its highly likely that these have been put together on a test platform.

25. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    In the Sony press conference where the UT2007 demo was shown, the guy from Epic clearly stated that they'd had the dev kit for "only 2 months", so at least someone has had a dev kit.

26. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Mmmmmmm

Well I am absolutely Amazed Epic have had one for 2 months. At all in fact. Seing as the biggest games studio in the world EA games clearly stated that they HAD NOT received a single developement kit for the PS3 as yet at E3 :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/4201391.stm

To quote :

he also says :

and goes on to say :

As I previously said but at this point all it is is rumours as Sony dont seem to have any hardware available to backup their claims :rolleyes:

The General manager for the biggest sofftware house on the planet is saying one thing in an interview with the BBC and Epic games are saying something else. Whatever people think of EA games myself included I am going with the EA games statement.

27. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    OK dude - you do that.

Ultimately, until we're playing them in our lounges most of what is said or shown is to be taken with a pinch of salt, and Sony are certainly more notorious than anyone else for excessive bullsh*t.

28. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I think expecting finished in game footage to be on display so early is a bit much. Every one seems to be going on about how it was all cg etc etc. Most if not all the demos were rendered by the ps3, and that itself is what impressed me. Yes its not the same as seeing games in action but it'll take more than just a couple of months to string together. The e3 presentation was a technical demonstration of the ps3 and in that it succeeded dramatically.

Finally just to keep the running arguments going regarding killzone2, sony reps have told gamespot the video shown was real time. Now believe whom you will

29. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,701
    realtime my arse.. are you seriously suggesting that was realtime in game footage? Sorry but you're going to be severely disappointed when you get your PS3...

30. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Certainly should NEVER believe a word Sony say, they are prob the biggest bullsh*tters in the industry.

:)