smoking is yuk :~(

Last edited:
Very nice shots of a very nasty habit.

+2

and nothing "softly" about it.... :(

Jim

It's an addiction, not a habit :lesson:

Darren

Anyone who's ever smoked and then stopped, don't talk lightly about this issue. You are a smoker once, you will be one for the rest of your life. After 10-15 years of having quit smokin, a smoker still craves for a ciggie and has dreams about smoking.
And it's easy for nonsmokers to say "how disgusting, nasty habbit, bl**dy stinky, why don't you just quit!?"
These images are fantastic though, Hiker, and very true. It is not a good thing for anyone. Not any worse though, than drinking, smoking pot, snorting coke or eating junk. It's just the smokers who always make everyone talk.

i have cease to use tobacco for months now, hopefully, more months future !

Last edited:
Anyone who's ever smoked and then stopped, don't talk lightly about this issue. You are a smoker once, you will be one for the rest of your life. After 10-15 years of having quit smokin, a smoker still craves for a ciggie and has dreams about smoking.
And it's easy for nonsmokers to say "how disgusting, nasty habbit, bl**dy stinky, why don't you just quit!?"
These images are fantastic though, Hiker, and very true. It is not a good thing for anyone. Not any worse though, than drinking, smoking pot, snorting coke or eating junk. It's just the smokers who always make everyone talk.

I cant help thinking the lovely Amélie must have felt Ive been too quiet!!

Hmm.. Miranda Im afraid as a doctor who has treated people with COPD , a lot, amongst other smoking related diseases, I cannot minimize the almost absolute lack of any benefit in smoking . A rather costly way of shortening ones lifespan
and
The leading cause of COPD is smoking
Not being judgemerntal at all, we all have our little vices a lot of doctors ( who should know better , do smoke too , such is the lure of nicotine)
Alchohol in moderation is nowhere as bad.. Eating junk.. ? Stop, and get some exercise.. snorting coke is bad ( no polishing that turd) , and as for pot.. the jury is out

The Pictures are , as usual very good though:smashin:

Ami, spot on - if the ones where you have "aged" the ladies could be put into a more public arena you may have saved lots of lives. Its one of my pet hates.

I had a major operation when I was young (Senu's ears light up - PM me) and have had a fairly careful life, never smoked, don't drink, never been near drugs although I do like a bit of coke now and then (the one with the cola at the end of it :)). My only vices are food, my camera and my cars. Might be considered an old fogey but I am happy that way and will always stay like it.

As always, love your pictures - when can we have an AV street day in London with Ami as our instructeress !

Bill

I don't think I would ever tell anyone. "why don't you just quit?"
My father quit...he was about 40...he'd smoked all his life to that point....that was about 40 odd years ago. He just told everyone that he was no longer a smoker and to stop offering him ciggies....he still died of lung cancer 6 months ago, 2 days before his 83rd birthday. He lost his sight due to smoking related macular degeneration 3 years earlier (when I say 3 yrs...about 5 yrs ago he his eye sight got too bad to drive but by three years ago he couldn't see any detail at all)

My eldest brother is 55. He is a heavy smoker. 20 a day sort of thing. Has been all his life. He's ****ed. He knows he's ****ed. He doesn't care. I do. I've never told him to quit. It's his choice.

I have friends who take drugs that are illegal and not good. Again, I don't care. It's their choice. You are right, folk do go on about smokers though. I guess it's because someones over use of cocaine or heroine or alcohol may not have as direct an effect on their lives as a smoker. No doubt the cost to society is high but on a personal level the smell of s/h smoke on your shirt, on your sofa, let alone the possible health issues, are enough to get folks backs up. just my opinion of course.

Last edited:
time is life , why waste this @ smoke to shorten .....

Last edited:
Brilliant set of photos Ami and an interesting/thought provoking theme for street photos.

I'm also liking the PP aging effects too.

:smashin:

John

It's an interesting theme Ami and for the most part you've done a good job with the processing. I find the last photo a bit disturbing though....

Darren

Brilliant set of photos Ami and an interesting/thought provoking theme for street photos.

I'm also liking the PP aging effects too.

:smashin:

John

It's an interesting theme Ami and for the most part you've done a good job with the processing. I find the last photo a bit disturbing though....

Darren

Ditto!

Last edited:
well you got that right.....ugly habit.

I've been to more funerals due to those things than any other single cause.
Plus there is the stench when someone walks past and they have just smoked. :thumbsdow

Ami, spot on - if the ones where you have "aged" the ladies could be put into a more public arena you may have saved lots of lives. Its one of my pet hates.
I can relate to that but also because the friends and family around also " share" ..in more ways than one . I actually dont think anyone will " tell you " to quit, after all, we all have our pet vices some worse than others

I had a major operation when I was young (Senu's ears light up - PM me)
Youve got me guessig there...:)
and have had a fairly careful life, never smoked, don't drink, never been near drugs although I do like a bit of coke now and then (the one with the cola at the end of it :)). My only vices are food, my camera and my cars. Might be considered an old fogey but I am happy that way and will always stay like it.
Wish i could say Im that careful but Good health is very precious and much harder to " revert to, once one no longer has it

As always, love your pictures - when can we have an AV street day in London with Ami as our instructeress !

Bill
A seriously good Idea.. Ami does have inspiring Pics , and her PP is top notch.. some of the images do maker you pause for though though
Ass an aside I spent a few hrs at the Hounslow library ( was in the area and needed to kill time) just looking at Street urban pics yesterday and it struck me how many really good ones you guys on here post ( That includes you Bill) and the now
" silent" Frank Holowlegs among others

I'm sorry about my earlier response. I certainly wasn't defending smoking.
And this is Hiker's picture thread, anyway.. I just want to say she's doing great job and I think there's more to her than meets the eye. Good luck organizing a photowalk with her ;)

maybe people who smoke need this, its like drug like oxygen, i have sympathy

Last edited:
Great thought provoking pictures with processing that really does add to the story in the shot.

Now that second shot in the new set is Great Ami :cool:

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom