• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Killing Eve BBC America

brian s

Distinguished Member
Sandra Oh Grey’s Anatomy), has been cast in the title role of the network’s highly anticipated original scripted series Killing Eve.

Produced by Sid Gentle Films Ltd, the eight-episode drama comes from Phoebe Waller-Bridge (BBC UK and Amazon’s Fleabag, UK Channel 4’s Crashing).

sandra-oh-ke-v.jpg

'
Killing Eve is a dramatic thriller revolving around a psychopathic assassin and the woman charged with hunting her down. It is a combination of brutal mischief making and pathos, filled with sharp humor, originality and high stakes action.

Essentially, it's everything we would expect from the next series starring Sandra Oh, and it's debuting in 2018.

Phoebe Waller-Bridge, commented, “I am quivering with excitement about working with Sandra! I have been a huge fan of hers forever and am pinching myself that she is playing our Eve.

ps://www.tvfanatic.com/2017/06/sandra-oh-to-lead-new-bbc-america-thriller-killing-eve/

brian s

Distinguished Member
Wow, the rise and rise of Phoebe Waller-Bridge. Hope we still get new Fleabag ... did you manage to watch it all Bri (with your wife) ? :)

I thought you'd be interested in this one. I watched the rest of Fleabag on my own after my wife's initial reaction against it. I much prefer to watch comedy in company. Laughter is infectious. I got away with it but I think it would have been better had I been able to watch it with someone else.

Bri

mafaa

Distinguished Member
'Killing Eve’ Star Jodie Comer on Style, Stunts, and Serial Killing
During this 1-on-1 interview with Collider, actress Jodie Comer talked about why she wanted to be a part of Killing Eve, learning to understand her character, Villanelle’s fantastic wardrobe, whether we’ll learn about why she ended up in this line of work, how her carelessness will get her in trouble, what Villanelle thinks of Eve, her desire to do as many of her own stunts as possible, and why she could play this character for the rest of her life.

mafaa

Distinguished Member
‘Killing Eve’ Sets New Series Highs For Rare 3-Week Ratings Growth Streak
The show’s third episode, which aired Sunday, hit a new series high, drawing 758,000 total viewers in Live+3. That’s up 10% from week 2 and up 95% vs Live+Same day. In the network’s target adults 25-54 demo, the week 3 episode drew 296,000 L+3 viewers, up 13% from the prior episode and up 116% vs L+SD. Killing Eve has now posted double-digit ratings increases among total viewers adults 25-54 (as well as adults 18-49) in both Week 2 and 3, becoming the only new drama on ad-supported TV this season to post consecutive growth over its first 3 weeks. Additionally, its L3 % lifts have consistently gone week-to-week in viewers and 25-54. (you can see a chart of the series’ ratings to date under the post.)

DarkDogZA

Established Member
Watched 2 episodes - it is excellent

mafaa

Distinguished Member
Canadian star Sandra Oh talks Killing Eve, Asian representation, Vancouver, and Trudeau
In an interview with Vulture on April 9, she revealed that when she first received the script for Killing Eve, she was confused because she couldn't find the role she was up for. Her agent had to tell her that it was in fact the lead role. Oh stated that she realized that she had so deeply internalized racism and how she was perceived in the industry that she automatically assumed that she would not be offered the central role.

DarkDogZA

Established Member

mafaa

Distinguished Member
episode 5, enjoyable :laugh:
suspect Jodie Comer will betray the 12, it seems they threaten her with anna & seems that she will be investigated for her actions in episode 4 & very likely she will be murder - she might collaborate with Sandra Oh to bring the 12 down & then runaway :cool:

mafaa

Distinguished Member
episode 7, excellent :laugh:
Carolyn a member of the 12 ? :rolleyes: if so why would she wanted a team to secretly investigate those killings ? :boring:, how she is related to Villanelle since Carolyn had affairs & could Konstantin be an unlikely father :eek:

note : episode 8 is season 1 finale :)

Last edited:

mafaa

Distinguished Member
‘Killing Eve’ Sets New Ratings Highs, Extends Demo Growth Streak Heading Into Finale
Across seven weeks, Killing Eve grew a total of +47% in total viewers, +90% in adults 25-54 and +94% in 18-49 from its April 8 premiere in L+3 ratings. Save for a little blip in total viewers, with Episode 5 off by +1% from Episode 4, the show has been growing in every major ratings category each week of its run so far (in cable’s recognized L+3 metric; there have been two week-to-week slips in Live+same day).

mafaa

Distinguished Member
‘Killing Eve’ Ends First Season With Unbroken Streak Of Weekly Ratings Growth
BBC America’s breakout drama Killing Eve has continued its surge in weekly ratings growth, wrapping its first season with new highs in Live+3. The season finale drew 1.25 million viewers, up 86% from its premiere, with 545,000 adults 25-54 and 378,000 adults 18-49 — up 127% and 100% from the premiere, respectively. The season finale was up over its penultimate episode, which drew 986,000 total viewers, 455,000 adults 25-54, and 367,000 adults 18-49 and was also the No. 1 most social drama of the day.

DarkDogZA

Established Member
Undoubtedly my favourite show of 2018 so far

encaser

Distinguished Member
It certainly has its moments and is a bit of a GoT, what with it's killing of cast members you'd of thought were series shoe-ins for the run. Easy to spot Phoebe Waller-Bridge's naughty fingers over this.:D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom