1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kill Quinten

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by chrissandgate, Jan 13, 2004.

1. chrissandgate

chrissandgate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, couple of things...first off it is Nancy on the soundtrack. Secondly, and this is where I start to duck, why is everyone waiting for this film? I found it purile, naive, badly choreographed and filmed, uninteristing, unemotional and lacking in any tension...how am i supposed to get worked up for a fight with a character I have already seen crossed off the 'hit list'. I know the movie was intentionally kitchse and tongue in cheek but come on...give any 15 yr old access to loads of guns, swords and a tens of milloins of dollars and lets see what we get...

2. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lol, are you implying that Cher has the more 'desirable' voice?

I'd like to know of one of your examples of a better "purile, naive, badly choreographed and filmed, uninteristing, unemotional and lacking in any tension" film than this that belongs to the same genre.

3. chrissandgate

chrissandgate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, what is the 'genre'-revenge flick, martial arts flick, comedy, amnesia type thing? T he thing tries to tick several boxes but never quite makes any of them does it.

4. chrissandgate

chrissandgate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyway, whatever the genre, do we now rate movies on the basis of "Oh, not a very good movie.....but very good for its 'genre'...." I'm making little air quotes with my fingers by the way.

5. Dimmy

Dimmy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lol, I "noticed".

I ask since you're critisizing the film for all the reasons that, IMHO, made it good, which seems somewhat odd.

6. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    It is a parody, done with a lot of style. It is not the best martial arts film, it is not the best style film, it certainly is not the best Tarantino film, but it was still one of the better releases of last year IMO.

I can understand that it is not to all tastes, just as I love Freddy vs Jason, which a lot of people would understandably think was a pile of poo :)