1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kill Bill

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by bowenjones, Jul 12, 2003.

1. bowenjones

bowenjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +448
    According to a report on sky active, Kill Bill might be split into
    two films as Harvey Weinstein thinks that the running time of
    197 minutes is a bit long. It goes on to say that Tarrantino
    shot so much footage that it may be split in half with the second
    instalment being released next year. At first I thought this was
    bad news but on reflection, It is obviously better than having
    a shorter edit like Weinstein insisted Scorcese do to Gangs of
    New York.
    Those damn Yanks and their short attention spans! :nono:

2. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    In all fairness to the Yanks, most of them are intelligent people. I think we only see a small representation on tv. In the same vain we as Brits are seen as a load of stuck up tea drinking toffs.

Anyway for the unaware Harvey Weinstein is a business man running a very large corporate company. The only reason he would want a shorter version is to fit in more screenings per day per cinema. Hence making more money.

Ditto for splitting the film in two. Ask a director how a film should be viewed and they will say from begining to end in one sitting.
    Ask an executive and they will suggest that most people i.e not film fans, but casual movie viewers will be put off by the long running time and we wont make any money. But if we split the movie in two and then spoon feed the public false information to suggest this is the directors intention more people will go and we will make more money.

This has happend before with The Three Musketeers and The Four Musketeers.

I know the purpose of a business is to make money but I'd just prefer it if corporations were a bit more honest as to the reasons for their actions.

Rant over.

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

According to the IMDB...

"At one point it was suggested that the film would be broken into two films, with the first one ending in a cliff hanger and the second being released two weeks after the first. This idea was shelved."

I can't see Tarantino allowing any of his works to be mutilated by Weinstein, bearing in mind the money he's made for them.

Pooch

4. Cheese Police

Cheese Police

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. bowenjones

bowenjones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +448
    If you don't want to register to read the link,
    here's what they had to say.....
    Kill Bill Split Into Two Films Confirmed Source: New York Times, Bigred303 Tuesday, July 15, 2003

Word first reached us back in February about this, then earlier this week it resurfaced, and now it's been confirmed - director Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill will be split into two films, with the first part to be released on October 10. The New York Times reports on the confirmation from Miramax co-founder Harvey Weinstein.

Miramax Films will take the unusual and potentially risky move of releasing "Kill Bill," the much-anticipated Quentin Tarantino martial arts action-adventure film, as two movies, the first to open in the fall. Miramax will in effect be taking a three-hour film with a 200-page script and turning it into a serial.

Harvey Weinstein, a co-founder of Miramax, which is financing the film, said in an interview on Monday that the first installment would be in theaters on Oct. 10. The second release date is in still being negotiated, but it could be two to six months later, he said.

6. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    thats sucks really bad

7. Cheese Police

Cheese Police

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh, sorry - forgot about the registration.:blush:

8. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

This definitely sucks, big time! I think I'd rather wait until a definitive DVD release comes along, that has both parts and a DVD of extras as well, all in one set.

Pooch