1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kill Bill vol 1 R2 Jap uncut

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by fire boy, Apr 12, 2005.

1. fire boy

fire boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Can anyone tell me what Jap version had the House of falling leaves fight scene in colour?

Not really interested in the premium box set extra's and cost's a little too much for me. :(

Cheers guys Fireboy

2. Strangerer

Strangerer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I was aware there was only one Japanese release for Vol.1 . The box set and the DVD on it's own are the same disc, you just get the extra bits with the set.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,078
    I can certainly confirm that the basic single disc edition has this scene in colour, plus the other extended bits.

In case you didn't know, there are no subtitles for English in the spoken Japanese parts only, as you get on the US and European editions etc. If you don't understand Japanese, you have to have English subtitles on throughout (appear for English dialogue too) or constantly turn them on and off.

4. lurker75

lurker75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can also confirm that the single disc contains the full colour House of Blue leaves scene plus other extended bits. Just like LV436 said it is not automatically subtitled so you have to manually turn the subtitles on and off. I don't think this is too much of a hassle myself as you only need to do it a couple of times early in the film and if I recall correctly once the bride goes to Okinawa you can leave them on since there is very little English after that.

5. BillSykes

BillSykes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2