1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kill Bill US Cut Version for Under £6.00

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Indiana Jones, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,367
    http://www.ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=13286

It is marked down as the US Cut Version so I dont know if they have released both Cut and Uncut versions of Kill Bill in Thailand but £6.00 for a version of Kill Bill which has English Subtitles with free shipping is worth a look isnt it?

2. Ripco

Ripco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    How does free shipping = an extra $12?

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,367
    It is only $12 extra is you choose Express Shipping, Standard Shipping is Free.

4. IsoArska

IsoArska

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Edit--
    Damn, beaten by Dr. Jones...:laugh:

5. F G Evans

F G Evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone used this site before - seems to be too cheap to be proper copies - smells of pirate material to me.

6. hemp3

hemp3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    These are DVD9 dvds which are copied and with new titles straigh out of the cinema i.e. via handheld. There is a few web sites that sell them but I dont want to give them any publicity. There main selling point is that they have DTS sound on nearly all DVD's regardless of whether or not the retail version does or not. I would advise anyone to stay clear. I bought one of ebay and it was pi** poor so sent it straight back.

7. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,367
    Do you know for sure all they sell are DVD9 Bootlegs or have you actually ordered from them and recieved a Pirate Film?

8. hemp3

hemp3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i think the fact the link has gone speaks volumes about any site like this, I know its tempting when the prices are so poor but even on the worst home cinema setup these will look bad imagine them through a decent system. If you invested in good setup dont fed it rubbish.

9. utero

utero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone actually ordered and recieved a pirate copy of anything, I've seen stuff in other forums from people who've ordered from them and not had any trouble

10. HenryKrinkle

HenryKrinkle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    It's only £6, why don't you order it and let us all know :smashin:

11. mhouston

mhouston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I ordered Juon from them and it came in a holographic slip case...don't think it was the work of pirates!

12. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,367
    Someone I know ordered the R3 Thai release from the website this thread is about and recieved it today. He has sent me quite a few pictures of it and doesnt look fake to me, has the official holographic seal on it and it even comes in the Collectors Edition Box that dvdfromasia are advertising at £12.99 so there is no reason to think this website sells bootlegs and I request the link to the site be put back.

13. hemp3

hemp3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    The DV9 holographic seal I bet. I coan make a holographic seal and put in on abox doesnt make it real

14. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,367
  15. hemp3

hemp3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    You see that DVD9 in the top right that tells you its a fake you ive never seen it on any original version.

16. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,367
    I know that most DVD9 bootlegs do have a DVD9 logo on their cover but I have never seen any Region 3 Thai DVDs before so have nothing to compare it against. It is possible that having DVD9 on the cover is the norm for Thailand, guess we will just have to wait until people recieve their R3 Thai copies of Kill Bill from dvdfromasia, if it is not present then I will agree that it is a bootleg but if it is present then there is no reason to think it is a bootleg or that the site sells bootlegs.

17. IsoArska

IsoArska

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't actually know if you are referring to www.ethaicd.com at all? But it's surely not pirate site. With some googling it's obvious that they are legit. Many "shopping search engine sites" list it and you can found them from the Yahoo's directory too. Many other legit sites refer them too as the best thai retailer.

Unremove, you fools.

Edit -

(Actually I read the first page again and my post in it and now I know you're referring to them.)

18. hemp3

hemp3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
  19. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,367
    That link is for the Region 3 HK release mate, EThai/dvdfromasia are selling the Region 3 Thai release and Koreandvds are selling the Region 3 Korean release, there is more than one Region 3 release of Kill Bill mate.

Also, DVD9s which are 1:1 from originals are identical to the original as they are a straight copy, nothing has been changed. The bad bootlegs out there are DVD5s which often contain cams/telsyncs/telecines or dvd screeners of films but they can also contain compressed versions of original dvds which can look good but are lower quality than the original and are usually missing audio tracks and extras.

20. hemp3

hemp3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    A copy is still a copy and therfore fake which was my point. Any copy is going to have some affect on qaulity. You get what you pay for.

21. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,367
    True a bootleg is still an inferior product compared to an original but there is still no proof that EThai sell anything but original DVDs and VideoCDs so until someone recieves a Region 3 Thai release of Kill Bill from dvdfromasia or elsewhere there is no way to know for sure, it could very well be legit then again it could be a very good fake, but until then saying its a bootleg just because it has a logo present on alot of bootlegs and because it is cheap isnt proof it is fake.

22. hemp3

hemp3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i dont think any official releases have dvd9 on them.

23. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,367
    If it was ment to be a Region 1 or Region 2 DVD then I would totally agree it was a fake but I have never seen an Official DVD from Thailand before so have no idea what logos they put on their cases so I think its best to wait until more people have recieved their R3 Thai release of Kill Bill from dvdfromasia, then we will know for sure, agreed?

24. hemp3

hemp3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Buy it, but then dont cry about it, as you have been warned.

25. motgz

motgz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't usually bother to post, but I just had to point out the absurdity of some of the argumentation in this thread...
    Most of it will probably have been said once I'm done typing, but here goes anyway...

...true - seems too cheap to be proper R1 or R2 (ie. expensive) copies. If you take a look at different R3 etailers, you will find that the ~£6 isn't an unusual price for a standard release such as this - in fact, EthaiCD is slightly expensive by Thai standards... (check thainetcity or thaimegamart, for instance). Sure, there's a lot of DVD bootlegging in Thailand, but that doesn't mean that there aren't legit publishers - it just means that they have to compete with pirates, and thus sell their dvds even cheaper than low wages in that part of the world would otherwise lead to. Besides, if an unexpectedly low price equals pirating, then dvdsoon for one must be pirates.

...What you are doing here is actually saying [some random (presumably asian fraud on ebay]=[reputable Thai etailer]... and besides - this is Kill Bill vol. 1 we are talking about some new film "straight out of the cinema"... if you take a look at what they actually have on the site, there is in fact nothing "straight out of the cinema". Also, note the large difference in the prices of different dvds on the site - most bootleg sites of the type mention (those I've come across, anyway) has had a fixed unit price.

...not exactly - it does speak volumes about how careful moderators have to be not to be associated with bootlegging, though. Some hosts have taken down sites for less than linking to a suspected bootlegger, so most likely the removal of the link is a result of your own suspicion...

and
    ...I have (almost certainly) legit discs that have this on top of the cover. Besides all that the expression DVD-9 tells us is how much space in on the disc - and if DVD-9=bootleg, then most dvd releases anywhere in the world the days would be bootlegs...

...You haven't presented any valid arguments whatsoever for why the Thai Kill Bill vol. 1 must be a copy. Besides, what you're saying about a copy being of less quality is absolutely not true - a complete bit-by-bit copy will be exactly the same as the original...

26. hemp3

hemp3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    My main point through out this in my expereince of DVD9 dics and looking at sites that I wont mention who sell DVD9, in my opinion have come to the conclusion that they are of inferior qaultiy. I ahve seen two such discs Italian Job and Bad Boys both claimed to be region 1. Both had DTS whcih wasnt offered on any official release. I take all your points aboard but I was just want to express my concerns whcih people can ignore or take on baord before people part with their money.

27. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,367
    After emailing several Thai websites and other buyers of the R3 Thai release of Kill Bill, they have been able to confirm it has a DVD9 logo in the top right hand corner and that it has a holographic scorpion logo in the left hand corner. dvdfromasia also confirmed it will have an Official Thailand Government Stamp on it and the copy my friend recieved from EThai does have the Stamp present so there is no reason to believe it is not Legit.

Also, at http://www.coquesenstock.com/05dfa-images/killbill_info0425.htm they have a picture of another R3 Thai DVD which has the DVD9 and Holographic logo, dont know about all R3 Thai DVDs but it could be standard for Mangpong releases to include the two logos.

I understand why you posted warning people about DVD9 bootlegs mate but in this case it seems your warnings were unwarrented but keep up the good work of warning people about bootlegs, there are still plenty of them about and everyone, always remember to look out for the 2 major signs of a DVD9 bootleg, a big DTS banner across the top and a holographic DVD9 logo.

28. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,367
    I have been allowed to put back the link and I recieved the R3 Thai release today, I dont think it has as many extras as the UK release but the quality of the film looks excellent so for £6 its a great bargain.