Kill Bill uncut version region 3 £10 what's the difference?

tony kop77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just seen this on cd wow and would like to know what the difference is between this and the one movietyme and dvd discemporium will be selling for £27 apart from the price obviously.

Check out the comparison info at www.totaldvd.com for the information you need.

Where does it state the difference ?

Don't want to take anything away from your "worlds" first review but The Digital Bits had a review of it before you guys :)

Yeah, that's true actually:) Think they had theirs up a couple of days before...

Hi!
Will the region 3 version be in English or will it have English Subtitles:confused:

CD-Wow state English DTS and Chinese Surround Sound, but only mention Chinese subs.:(

ahhh,thats where the catch is then....

Well, the comparison says there are no cuts, just that the black & white section is in colour on the Jap / Korean versions, but how come the R1 runs for 111 minutes, and the 'uncut' Jap version is 113 minutes, according to info on CD Wow?

I have read that the Asian versions have 2 extra minutes, no idea if they're extra violent scenes or merely talkie additions.

Originally posted by Will K
CD-Wow state English DTS and Chinese Surround Sound, but only mention Chinese subs.:(

What I'm hoping that means is that the Chinese subs are optional, and that the subs burned into the actual movie would still be in English. I haven't actually seen the film yet, but I gather the subs in the movie are English, to cover Japanese spoken language?

But if its an asian release the subtitles would have been replaced with Japanese subtitles unless its Hong Kong in which case it might have english subtitles burned in as Hong Kong is also an english speaking place.

The main audio on the Region 3 is DTS English, so when the Japanese spoken bits come up, they wouldnt have Japanese subs burnt in. It would be either English or Chinese and from experience of other R3's Ive had I would put money on English. The fact that only Chinese selectable subs are on the disc (apparently) would back this up.

Still for £6.99 from cdwow who cares!

Wuold be interested to know about the R3 but the R1 has two sets of English subtitles, one for the whole movie and one for just the Japanese speaking parts. I wonder if CD-WOW could confirm what the R3 has (if they have received stock yet)?

To be fair £6.99 was with the benefit of a couple of codes before the price went up to £9.99.

I suppose we cant be sure until it arrives on someones doormat but surely if you are watching the movie in English, via the DTS sound then there must be some translation for the Japanese speaking bits, I would think burnt on, rather like watching it in UK cinema.

CD wow would probably have it in stick tomorrow (Tues) as its released on Weds 7th in S-Asia territories. As soon as my comes I will post on it.

Why is Uma Thermon's character's name beeped out twice when talking with Vernita Green and her little girl?

Originally posted by Spectre
Why is Uma Thermon's character's name beeped out twice when talking with Vernita Green and her little girl?

No idea, I think we find out in part 2 perhaps?

I think it's just to get us talking about it, like the contents of Marcellus' briefcase.

I am thinking of cancelling the jap version and buyign the region 1 film instead and put the £10 I save from getting the region 1 version on another film like payback

Why what sorry? I dont really want to watch a film with subtitles throught the whole film really.

No, neither do I, but I had kind of gleaned from the discussion that the probability is that the R3 version from CD Wow has optional subs, apart from the parts burned into the movie. :confused: If not, it will be on e-bay quicker than s**t through a goose! :laugh:

Which version are we talking about with the bleeps? :eek: :rolleyes: :D

Region 1 version has the beeps.

Originally posted by Spectre

QT having a laugh at our expense wondering why is my guess

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom