Kill Bill - Uncut Region 3 £9.99

Already a thread going in the DVD Talk section about the Region 3 release mate and you dont want to pay £9.99 when there is a link that will take £1.50 off the price.

hi mate

i have just got the link for the £1.50 off - cheers

saw it on cd-wow and went straight to bargins sections to post

from pete

And if you'd looked a bit further down bargains page you'd have seen there's already a thread about "Kill Bill Jap version" and the price at CDWow

Ordered mine a couple of days ago for £6.49 using links and vouchers :smashin:

mods please close thread

from pete

Then you will only be able to get it for £8.49

Ah, thought the question mark was meaning "what do i do now" hehe

Just have to hope that it does have burned in English subtitles when needed, no one seems to know for sure, even CD Wow said they wouldnt know until they get them tomorrow.

I was wondering about the subtitles but not the burned in issue, whats that?
Are they constantly on screen and cannot be removed?

I was wondering if it would have any english subtitles for the parts of the film that are in oriental dialogue?

When I said "burned in English subtitles when needed" I ment only for the scenes were they are speaking Japanese, seems the only optional subtitles on the disc are chinese so if the english is not burned into the picture for the scenes you wont have any idea what is being said.

At least they are handling emails well. They said they would send me a freepost envelope so I could return the dvd and once they recieved it back they would issue me a refund, cant really ask for more.

......but hasn't this now been confirmed that it isn't the un-cut version?

Yes the HK release is not Uncut in the way we want it, it is Uncut compared to the version of the film which was shown in the cinemas in HK but it is not Uncut compared to the Japanese release, it still has the b/w scenes and not extra footage.

From what I can gather this HK R3 disc is identical to the version shown in the cinema of the UK and US,

in that case I may keep it until the super duper edition finally comes out which my guess will probably be sometime early 2005, after all, it works out to be a cheaper alternative to the R1 or R2 disc which at the moment will set you back from around £11-£15

The Jap R2 uncut Version is a little pricey for me at that the moment £££

Well the running time on the HK version is 110mins which is 1min shorter than the R1 release so it could be cut even more than the R1/R2 release and it also has no english subtitles at all so you wont know what is being said in the Japanese Dialog scenes so its not really even a good alternative to the R1/R2 release.

I have my unopened copy sat here and am awaiting the return FREEPOST envelope from CDWow.

Having paid only £6.49 for this I was going to ask for a refund and my £2.00 worth of vouchers refunded.

I now see on other threads that Cdwow are now refusing orders with multiple links/vochers on them so I doubt if I'll get my vouchers back!

I want advice on whether I should keep this copy as all I want to do is see the movie (don't care if its cut/uncut or color/ blach&white in certain scenes Etc) - I just want to enjoy the film.

I want to know if it's possible to follow the plot without the english sub or will the film be ruined for me?

Keep it or return it????

There is quite a lot of Japanese dialogue in the film. I'd cut your losses and send it back.

to my dismay I've realised there is quite a lot of japanese dialouge in the film. I didn't remember this from watching the film at the cinema, but it goes to show how good the movie is that subtitles didn't detract from my (original) viewing pleasure.

one of the first scenes in japanese is quite funny too, so as well as the plot you'll be missing out on some humour too.

ps I always judge a company on its returns procedures. I now highly rate cd-wow, as I just mentioned the movie wasn't uncut, gave my order number and they have sent me out a freepost envelope with no hassles or questions asked. Sounds a bit silly, but this is great service.

You can buy the R1 version cheaper now anyway from dvd soon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom