1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kill Bill - 6 Different Versions??!!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Simon6776, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    An interesting news item here, about future Kill Bill releases, among other stuff.

2. Bursar

Bursar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +216
    Maybe it's me, but when I buy a DVD, I buy it for the film. I couldn't give a monkeys about all the extra spangly bits they chuck in.

I knew about the LotR releases, so bided my time and just bought the collectors editions.

Why can't I just get a version of Kill Bill that has the film, the whole film and nothing but the film?

I don't think I've seen such a complete cockup before. Very few people seem to actually know which is the best version to get (cuts, no cuts, subs, no subs) with several people being quite disappointed with what they ended up with.

I just went for the bog standard R1 release. I shall probably do the same for Vol 2 as well.

If the studio/producder/distributer can't tell me which version is which and when they're coming out (in advance of them coming out so I can plan on which one to get) then they don't get multiple attempts at my wallet.

I'll buy one version of the film, and that'll be that.

(rant over :))

3. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Well if there is going to be a SE of KB's 1 & 2, let's hope there will be unrated (uncut) versions available.

4. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Interesting article - especially the end where it points to cd customers feeling ripped off and turning to napster etc.

As we all know this is already happening with film and will continue with ever increasing broadband bandwiths.

It does make it hard to feel sorry for the film companys losing out when we're being exploited by this "6 bites at the apple" mentality of the studios.

5. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +939
    Totally agree, i dont want to be switching subtitles on and off just to watch an uncut version, like you would have to with the japanese version.