kill bill 2

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by tarpot's-daddyk, Aug 12, 2004.

1. tarpot's-daddyk

tarpot's-daddyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is it my dvd or is there a green blur on the first scene of kill bill 2 the scene at the wedding chappel its in black and white

2. Tardis

Tardis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    I have the R1 copy and mine is OK. :thumbsup:

3. inzaman

inzaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,043
    I also have the R1 version and it is fine, no green blur at all.

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,000
    R1 Ok.

5. Rambo John J

Rambo John J
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,009
    this sounds suspiciously like a contrast problem with the TV rather than something on the disc.

If its happening during the wedding chapel sequence is the green blur in an area of strong white?
    I've got a friend that has a 28" ferguson widescreen set and whenever there's a high contrast image with a very strong white in one area (upper quarter, left hand edge of his screen) the contrast runs too hot and makes the gauze behind the glass glow green just in that area. You can test for this (you won't do any lasting damage or anything) by pausing at the point when you notice it and cranking up the contrast - the green will get brighter as the contrast runs hotter as its increased, then change channel to something like an AV channel with no signal (plain black screen) and you'll see the "blur" is still there until the gauze cools down again, or alternatively a normal TV channel, and you'll see the blur still there changing the colour of whatever's on the screen. He had his TV nearly a year before he noticed it, and even then it was only because he'd started watching snowboarding dvd magazines that have a lot of white onscreen.
    He got an engineer out to take a look, who said there's often mods they can fit to various models to reduce how hot the contrast runs (this is apparently a very common problem with a lot of different TVs), but not one for his particular TV so they replaced it. The replacement did the same, not as bad, but he got round it by setting his contrast a little lower than he used to.

You should definitely check for it, might get a new TV set out of it if its still under guarantee, that or there's maybe a mod for your set if this is the problem rather than a faulty disc.

6. tarpot's-daddyk

tarpot's-daddyk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey thanks for that it is up in the left hand side i'll do as you say

i've had the tv a few years now so i dont think i'm guaranteed but i'll check

7. Rambo John J

Rambo John J
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,009
    if it is that, a local freelance engineer may well be able to sort you out with a mod, if one's available, for not too much money. I don't think they're expensive to fit.

good luck anyway :)

8. matiano

matiano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the R2 and havent come across any bluriness, sounds very contrasty to me!